Story of US - 54th episode!

It was a necklace that has a heart shaped pendant with a dolphin dangling in the middle of the heart.

“Oh! This is so sweet, Ralph!” Tammie held the necklace in between Ralph and her. “Could you put it on for me, Ralph?”

“Yes, sure!” Ralph said as he struggled to stand up. He was still shivering from all those excitement.

As Ralph stood behind Tammie and puts on the necklace for her, Tammie asked, “Why did you go through all these efforts for me?”

Ralph paused for a moment. He placed his hands on Tammie’s shoulders, “Don’t look back.”

Then plucking up all his courage, he said, “Tammie, you are a special girl. When I first met you in Walter Uni, I recognize you as the girl I met in TGIF pub when we were still in secondary school. Since then, I started looking out for you in the campus. Though you were seen as a notorious girl with the Vogel sisters, I admire you for your straight forwardness. You may have not noticed, but I was there at all your debate competitions. I simply love the way you carried yourself, the confidence you have. Maybe God is on my side or it is fate that we get to meet again. All those months of working closely with you makes me fell even deeper for you. You are always full of drive and your smile never failed to brighten up my gloomy days. I was wondering if I can have the chance now to pay back all the smiles you gave me. Can I have the honor to be your boyfriend?”

Tammie turned around and hugged Ralph by his waist. Tears fell down her cheeks and Tammie nodded her head against Ralph’s abs.

Back at Hartford Pub, George and Naomi has just finished their performance.

“Aunt Angie, just leave the things to us. George and I can help to clear.”
“Yes, Uncle Jim. Go for a stroll with Aunt Angie at Cupid Park. Tomorrow is Sunday and I do not have to work. Let Naomi and I do the closing for you tonight.”

“Honey, I think we’re getting in the way here.” Angie said.

“Yup, they’re chasing us away. We better make ourselves scarce.” Jim said as he held his wife’s hands and walked out of the door.

“Naomi, how was life in Vienna?”

“Getting used to the weather, lifestyles and such. However, the food in Halliburton, especially Angie’s cooking still tastes the best.”

“Coping well with studies and social life?”

“Yup, the lecturers like me a lot and I made a lot of friends over the year too.”

“How about any special friend whom you tend to be closer to, talked more to or go out more often with?”

“George, are you trying to ask if I have a boyfriend?” Naomi stopped her sweeping and turned to look at George who was stacking up the chairs on the tables.

George looked up and Naomi could see the seriousness in his eyes. He asked, “Do you?”

“George, remember what I told you before I went Vienna? I have not forgotten the promise I made to you either.”

A year ago, after Naomi’s college graduation, Reynolds family held a celebration for her. After the celebration, George brought Naomi to Cupid Park. The park was very quiet and the moon shone extremely bright that night.

“Naomi, I’m not good with my words. Neither do I know if you can feel my love for you. I just want to let you know how I feel. I had always been a rash and quick tempered person. After I get to know you, everything changed. I can control my temper better ever since I took up organ lessons from you. Being with you make me feel at ease too, I have never open up myself and pour out my woes to anyone before you. Even Keane or Emily never gets to know my feelings deep inside of me. I hope to be able to take care of you for the rest of my life, would you say yes if I ask you to be my girlfriend?”

“George, haven’t you heard before girls are sensitive beings? From your little actions, I have long sensed that you like me. Maybe it is not obvious enough but I adore you too. However, for now, I just want to concentrate on my studies. Trust me, it’s not an excuse to reject you. It had been my parents’ wish for me to become a musician. Though they can no longer see me fulfilling their wish, I would still work hard to do so. If fate does exist and by the time I complete my studies, you still have feelings for me, I promise I would give you a satisfactory answer. You are a good guy and I believe a lot of girls would fall for you. If along the way, you met someone you love, don’t let her go and continue waiting for me. I’ll give you my blessings.”

That was the promise Naomi made to George before she left Vienna for further studies.

“Naomi, I have not forgotten. I merely lacked confidence in myself.”

“George, you are the best guy I have ever met. Believe in yourself, ok? It’s getting late, we better finish up our chores and turn in early.”

A month of holidays passed in a blink of an eye for Naomi. Reynolds family was at the airport, sending Naomi back to Vienna.

“Naomi, Aaron and I would be waiting for you to come back for our wedding.” Agnes said as she hugged Naomi.

“You don’t need to, Agnes. It would be another year before I graduate and come back.” Tears are starting to well up in Naomi’s eyes.

“Don’t be silly, girl! You are my sister. Of course you need to attend the wedding and be my bridesmaid!” Agnes smiled.

“Yah, Ralph and you have long been a part of us. How can we leave you out in such a big event for Reynolds?” Angie stroked Naomi’s dark silky hair.

“Take good care of yourself, Naomi.” Jim patted on Naomi’s shoulders.

The Paris siblings hugged.

“Ralph, I’ll miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too! Do email me when you have the time.”

Turning to Tammie, Naomi held her hands and said, “My brother is a workaholic, please take good care of him and make sure he have plenty of rest.”

“Naomi, you are a nice girl. I…”

“Shhhh…” Naomi put a finger to Tammie’s lips. “We promised to keep it as a secret between the two of us, right?”

“What’s the secret?” Ralph asked.

“Ralph, a secret is not meant to be said.” Naomi smiled.

Naomi had a heart to heart talk with Tammie on the first night Ralph brought her back to Hartford’s Pub. Naomi told Tammie never to let Ralph knows that Tammie was involved in the set up of Keane by making use of Naomi. Knowing her brother’s character, Naomi is worried that he would break up with Tammie if he knows the truth.

“Ok. You better get going.” Ralph said.

“George, have faith in yourself. I would keep to my promise.” Naomi kissed George on the cheeks and walked towards the departure gates.

“Naomi!” George shouted.

Naomi has passed the gates; she turned back when she heard George’s voice.

“I would wait for you! I love you!”

Upon hearing what George just shouted, tears rolled down Naomi’s cheeks. She waved good bye and turned to leave.
---------------
Time flies, few mths back I was still trying to meet the deadline for publishing this story.. Now, it has reached the 2nd last episode... Wow! Thanks for sharing all the laughter and tears with me through this story. In a few hours time, the story would finally comes to an end! Phew! The feeling is just like a 9 mths of pregnancy and giving birth to a baby. =) I love you all, my dear readers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!