Story of US - 43th episode!

With the sponsorship Ralph received from Walter Uni, he set up Strauss Records after graduation.

“Hey Ralph! I have a friend who just graduated from Valero Academy of Fine Arts and is looking for a job. Do you think you can help?” Ted asked.

“Since she is your friend, ask her to come for an interview tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do about it.” Ralph said as he walked back to the stage.

Though Ralph has become the CEO of Strauss Records, he still makes time to perform at Hartford’s Pub on some nights.

“Would 10am be fine with you?” Ted asked.

Ralph turned around and showed him the ok sign.

“Hey Peace! Convenient to talk now?” asked Ted over the phone.

“Yes, speak.” Peace answered on the other end.

“I managed to get you an interview tomorrow at 10 in the morning.”

“Really? Where is it?” Peace asked excitedly.

“The place where we just walked past this afternoon.” Ted said.

“This afternoon? Peace thought for a while. “Strauss Records? You mean it? I’m going for an interview at Strauss Records tomorrow? What time did you said it was? Oh, 10am. I think I better get ready now. I got to hang up now, Ted. Thanks so much!”

“Hold on, lady! I have not even told you the details.”

“I am just too excited!”

“I bet you are. Anyway, I have just spoke to the CEO of Strauss Records. He is my friend and his name is…”

“Ralph Paris! I know his name!” Peace completed the sentence for him. “You are not kidding me? You said you just spoke to him and he’s your friend?”

“Relax, Peace. Yes, you heard me. So tomorrow, just be yourself and relax at the interview. Ralph would be interviewing you personally.”

“Ok. I know. Oh god! I’m fainting!” Peace can’t help being excited.

“However, there’s an important thing I want you to know. Ralph is a sentimental person, but I do not know if he is someone who would separate business from personal matters. To play safe, do not, I repeat DO NOT let him know that Aaron is your cousin.”

“Why? What happened between Aaron and Ralph? Tell me about it!”

“Remember Aaron has an ex girlfriend, Agnes in Uni?”

“What has it got to do with her?” Peace sounded confused.

“When Aaron was in a relationship with Agnes, Ralph had a strong crush on Agnes. They never had any direct arguments or fights over her, but you never know. When it comes to love, guys can be quite petty and easily jealous at times! So you can forget everything, even your surname. Don’t forget that you are not supposed to mention you are Aaron’s cousin, ok?”

“Yes, old man! You are so naggy. Is that all? I really have to hang up and get ready for my big day tomorrow!”

“Ok, good luck! Bye!”

The next day, Ted waited at the main lobby of Strauss Records.

“Hey Peace! How did it go?” Ted asked.

“How come you are here? Don’t you need to work?” Peace was surprised to see Ted.

“I took urgent leave. So, what’s the outcome?”

“Don’t remind me. I screwed everything up. I was too nervous and stuttered when I speak.” Peace slumped into the lobby seat.

“It’s ok, Peace. You can always try at other companies.” Ted sat down and consoled her.

“You won’t understand.” Peace sulked.

“Don’t be depressed. I treat you to something good, your pick.”

“Really? You offered to, I didn’t force you.” Peace’s face brightens up.

“Yes, let’s go glutton.” Ted stood up and patted on Peace’s shoulder.

“McDonalds? We are eating here?” asked Ted as he followed Peace to the fast food restaurant.

“Yes, anything wrong with that?” Peace said as she walked through the front door.

“I said I’m treating you to something good and I thought you would head for some posh restaurants.”

“Old man, good food doesn’t need to be expensive. I know you earn a lot as the IT manager of that whatever solutions. Still, you do not need to spend unnecessary money on food. You know what good food means?”

“Hey! Stop calling me old man. We’re of the same age. So what’s your definition of good food?” Ted folded his arms across his chest.

“Good food means food that can fill your stomach at a low cost. Most importantly, it must be fast. You don’t order one serving and has to wait till your stomach needs two servings to be full before the food finally arrives. You get me? Never mind if you don’t, we better start ordering our food now or I would need to eat a cow to fill my stomach.”

“Are you really ok?” Ted looked at Peace, trying to find traces of sadness on her face.

“You mean about the interview?”

“What else? Are you trying to act a brave front?”

“Why should I? I have never been happier in my life.”

“Are you serious? Or the impact is too great and it burnt your brain?” Ted looked worryingly at her.

“That’s how much confidence you have in me? You really think I screwed up the interview? It’s so easy to fool you!” Peace laughed out loud.

“You fooled me? So you got the job?” Ted stared at Peace with his eyes wide opened.

“Mr Paris asked me to report for work tomorrow. From now on, you would have to call me Producer Wyman!”

“So you cheated me of a meal!”

“What a miser! The most I treat you to a posh restaurant when I get my first pay, old man!”
------------------
Ok, I've finally arranged the episodes in my story. And though I've added in some details, the story wld ends at 55th episode. So it's only 12 more to go! Finally!! v(^_^)o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!