Story of US - 55th episode!

“What a wonderful day!” Peace stood by the sea, stretched out her hands and took a deep breathe.

Peace and Ted went Coral Beach for a picnic with Ricardo.

“Yah, it’s always good to unwind ourselves on a Saturday like this!” Ted said as he laid out the mat and the picnic basket.

“Shall we build a sand castle?” Peace suggested.

“Ok! Let’s make a big one!”

It was evening time when they finished building the sand castle.

“Peace, let’s take some photos with our sand castle. You wait here while I go get the camera.”

“Ok. Ricardo, come over here. We’re going to take photos together.” Peace patted Ricardo on its head.

Ricardo was playing in the sea. He walked over to Peace when she called out to him.

“Good boy, Ricardo. Look over here.” Ted was having a hard time getting Ricardo to look at the camera.

“Ok. Your turn, Ted.” Peace took over the camera from Ted and start snapping away.

“Peace, take a photo of this sand castle alone.” Ted moved aside with Ricardo.

“What’s that?” Peace noticed a gift box sitting on top of the sand castle.

“It’s for you. Open it and you would know.” Ted gave a joyful smile.

He walked slowly towards Peace as she reached out and took the gift box into her hands.

Peace opened the gift box and a sparkling diamond ring (True Love series from SK) was revealed, “Ted, this is?”

Ricardo ran towards the couple with a bouquet of flowers in its mouth.

“Thanks, Ricardo!” Ted took over the flowers.

Going down on his knees, Ted asked, “Peace, would you please marry me?”

“Ted, you left me with no reason to say no?” Tears rolled down Peace’s cheeks as she bent down and hugged Ted.

As if sensing the happiness that is brewing in the air, Ricardo wagged its tail and started circling the duos.

“Hello, Ted! How did it go?” exclaimed James when Ted and Peace walked into Hartford’s Pub.

“They know about it before hand?” Peace blushed.

“It was a success then!” George ran over and gave a light punch on Ted’s chest.

“Of course it would be. It’s my brother you are talking about!” Keane put his hands around Ted’s shoulders.

“You better take care of Peace then. She’s the only cousin I have. Even though you are my best buddy, you would still get it from me if you don’t!” Aaron jokingly showed his fists at Ted.

“Com’on, Aaron. Ted would take very good care of Peace just like he had to Joy. Peace, I’m so happy for you. Congrats!” Agnes said as she went over and held Peace’s hands.

“I’m excited over your wedding that’s coming in a few days time too.” Peace smiled.

“Oh, George. Did Naomi inform you of her flight?” Angie asked as she took out the turkey from the kitchen.

“Yup, it would be around seven in the evening when she touches down.”

“Finally, she’s coming back for good.” Ralph heaved a sigh of relief.

“Folks, let’s get the Christmas party going!” Veronica announced as she blasted the loud speakers with R & B music.

Some started dancing to the music while others helped themselves with the food. It had become these people’s custom to celebrate Christmas together at Hartford’s Pub every year. Over the years, many things have happened around them. They stay united as one no matter what happened. The kinship, love and friendship shared by them were irreplaceable!

“Five, four, three, two, one! Merry Christmas!” shouted the crowd, with Tammie and Veronica, the DJs of the night leading the countdown.

27th December – At the arrival hall of Halliburton Airport.

“Look! Naomi’s over there!” Ralph exclaimed.

“Let’s see who would be the first one she hugs.” Tammie looked at George as she wondered out loud.

“Oh please! Ralph would be the one for sure. Don’t look at me that way.” George saw the mischievous smile on Tammie’s face.

“Welcome back, Naomi!”

“Thanks everyone for coming specially to fetch me.” Naomi smiled.

“Wait a minute. Stand still. We have a little test for you.” Jim said.
“What test, Uncle Jim?” asked a puzzled Naomi.

“We want to see who would be the first person who you want to hug.” Jim explained.

“Ok!” With that, Naomi walked over and to everyone’s surprises, she hugged Agnes.

“Huh?” That was James’ response.

“Well, all these years, she has treated me like her own sister. When I was down, she’s always there for me. Even when I was in Vienna, we still keep in contact via emails. No one offers better advice than her. On top of all, my dearest sister is getting married in a few days time. Isn’t she worth my first hug?”

“Ok, everyone. Let’s get going before it starts to rain.” Angie said.

30th December – The most important day of Aaron and Agnes.

At St Peter’s church, the guests were all seated and waiting patiently for the solemnization to start. Aaron was waiting at the front of the church with his best man, Ted.

George played on his piano and Naomi was singing a song once composed by Joy. The doors opened and Agnes walked in with her father, Jim. Slowly, they proceeded down the aisle.

Standing before, Aaron, Jim speaks, “Aaron, now I’m giving you my daughter’s hands. Make sure you love her and treat her well.”

“Yes, Daddy. I would.” Aaron held Agnes hand and stood before the priest.

The priest started to speak, “Two lives, two people, so very different, yet so similar. Together we stand as one, sharing our future as it comes. The past is the past. Buds are yet to blossom, with care and trust, the best is yet to be revealed. Honesty and kindness, are the fruits of love. Before you are joined together in marriage in my presence and in the presence of these your family and witnesses, I am bound to remind you of the solemn and firm nature of the relationship you are about to enter. Marriage as most of us understand it, is the voluntary commitment of a man to a woman and a woman to a man to the exclusion of all others and is entered into with the desire, the hope and the firm intention that it will last for life. Do you both understand?”

Agnes and Aaron answered together, “Yes.”

The priest continued, “We shall now say your vows.”

Taking the piece of paper from the priest, Aaron started, “I, Aaron Jordan, with all my love, take you Agnes Reynolds, to be my wife. I will love you through good and the bad, through joy and the sorrow. I will try to be understanding, and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life’s experiences and share one another dreams and goals. I promise I will be your equal partner in a loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live.”

Now, it is Agnes turn to say the vows.

“I, Agnes Reynolds, with all my love, take you Aaron Jordan, to be my husband. I will love you through good and the bad, through joy and the sorrow. I will try to be understanding, and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life’s experiences and share one another dreams and goals. I promise I will be your equal partner in a loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live.”

“Now take the rings from your special ring bearer.” Agnes and Aaron have chosen Ricardo to be their ring bearer. In Ricardo’s mouth, it was biting on to a flower basket with their wedding bands in it.

Aaron held Agnes hand and said, “Agnes, with this ring I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share.”
Aaron put on the ring for Agnes.

“Aaron, with this ring I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share.”

The priest smiled, “You have declared before all of us that you will live together in marriage. You have made special promises to each other, which have been symbolized by the joining of hands, taking of vows and giving and receiving of two ring’s. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

The crowd cheered as Aaron planted a loving kiss on Agnes’ cheeks.

Filing out, the guests threw flower petals over the newly married couple. Afterward, it was the wedding reception and a photo taking session which took place in Cupid Park.

Aaron went onto the stage.

“I want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you present for attending me and my wife’s wedding. Agnes is a wonderful woman and I’m glad I’ve make her my wife. At the same time, I’m grateful that all my family members and friends are here today to mark this special occasion in this Story of US.”
-----------------
As this story comes to an end, I certainly hope that the thing that has been on my mind all these years can finally be let go. All things are to end at where it all begins. Thank You folks for coming this far with me! To earn your comments, make you laugh and cry with my story are the sources of motivation for writing this story. Everyone of you make this possible. A big Thank You once more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!