Story of US - 40th episode!

“Hello.” Emily answered the call.

“Hey, it’s me, Keane, Had your lunch?”

Looking at her watch, Emily answered, “Oh! Time flies. I was rushing a big project and didn’t even notice it’s lunch time now. I shall call my colleagues and get them to help me buy lunch on their way back.”

“I knew a workaholic like you would forget all about lunch. I’m already waiting for you at the reception, mind coming out for awhile?”

“You what?” Emily choked on her words.

“Emily, are you ok?” Came Keane’s concerned voice.

“I’m alright, I’ll be out right now.”

Upon seeing Emily, Keane showed her the plastic bag he was holding, “Hi! I bought lunch. Anywhere we can eat them?”

“Don’t you have to work today?” Emily asked as she brought him to the pantry.

“Of course I do. Humans still need to eat right? Life’s not just about work. Anyway, I’ve just finished a meeting with my client nearby. I reckon you would be too busy to eat, so I bought you lunch. I love this cutlet rice they are selling at the Aloha Coffee Shop. I always have my lunch there if I’m meeting clients around this area.”

“Thanks for dropping by and buying me lunch.”

“I needed a lunch companion anyway. Treat it as my gratitude for the free tickets to Tyson Grand Prix yesterday. The race was exciting, man! Oh, yah, I forgot to ask, did you enjoy it?” Keane looked into Emily’s eyes as he asked.

Their eyes met and Emily felt her face turning red, her ears felt hot and she felt her heart beat getting faster.

“Yes. It was nice.” Emily looked down and continued eating her cutlet rice.

“Thanks for accompanying me for lunch.” Keane smiled as Emily sent him out.

“Thanks for the nice cutlet rice! Be careful on your way back.” Emily waved and Keane entered the lifts.

“Oh! I almost forgot.” Keane ran out before the lifts doors closed and took out a ticket from his pocket.

“Do you fancy watching ice skating show? I have tickets for two to Disney on Ice this coming Saturday. Would you be free to go with me?”

“This Saturday?” Emily pondered.

“Well, it’s ok if you can’t make it. I know it’s kind of last minute. But, it’s not because I can’t find anyone to watch with me, I…”

“I guess I can make it.” Emily answered. “Where do we meet?”

“I’ll pick you up at 6pm.” Keane showed a wide smile on his face before heading back to the lifts.

“What? You are going out with him again?” Veronica exclaimed when Emily got home and told her about the show.

“Veron, you are still having doubts about Keane?” Emily looked into her sister’s eyes.

“Emily, I’m just afraid you might get cheated by him. Who knows, he might want to get even with you for setting him up years ago?”

“Com’on Veron. We shouldn’t doubt him like that. He’s really a changed person now. Maybe you should get to meet him one day.”

“Emily, a leopard can never change its spots. He used to be a play boy and only thinks with his lower body!”

“Veron, Keane has not been fooling around. Naomi was actually the first and last person he got intimate with till now. And that was due to a setup by us!”

“Emily, he told you that? How could you take his words that easily?” Veronica hit her forehead with her palms.

“Veron, let’s just cool down first. Shall we?” Emily placed her hands on Veronica’s shoulders.

“Ok, I’m cool.” Veronica took in long deep breathe as she said this.

“Veron, I know you are concerned about me. Please have trust in me, I know what I am doing. Time would prove that Keane is not a bad guy as you think, ok?”

“Emily, just be careful. I wouldn’t want to see you being hurt again.” Veronica hugged Emily as she said this.

Saturday came, Keane drove his Mitsubishi Lancer to pick Emily up for the show. Emily walked out of the front door with Veronica by her side. Keane stepped out of the car and went over to open the passenger’s door.

“Hey, kiddo! I see you have a nice car there. You better don’t speed and put my sister’s life in danger. Make sure you take good care of her. If she’s hurt in any way, I won’t let you off. You understand me?” Veronica said menacingly.

“Veronica, don’t worry. Emily is in good hands. I would send her home before midnight.” Keane said and closed the door after Emily got in.

On the way to Halliburton’s Indoor Stadium, Emily said, “Don’t be bothered by what Veron said, she’s not as mean as her words.”

Keane looked over at Emily and replied, “I understand how she feel, her impression of me in Walter’s Uni was an extreme bad guy. Well, that’s the kind of impression I gave everyone, I supposed. Unlike Ted, he was the model student and a filial son. Though he gave in to me all the time, I was still jealous of him. Frankly speaking, my parents have never compared us with each other. Maybe I was just feeling inferior.”

Emily nodded, “I can truly understand the kind of feeling you had. That was how I felt too. As you know, Veronica was the belle of Walter’s University. She excelled in sports and was the top student. Before graduation, she was already head hunter by big names companies. Everywhere we went, I was only known as Veronica’s younger sister. When we were young, I really hate that. It was as if I was just her shadow, never a being that truly existed.”

“So, both of us used to indulge in self-pity, yah? Luckily for us, we didn’t end up in depression. I believe it’s all because our capable siblings were always there for us and protecting us in their own ways.”

“Yup, as I grew up and became more matured, I started to appreciate what Veron did for me. If it wasn’t for her, I would have made it through the worst times of my life when George broke off with me.” Emily smiled.

After the three hours show, Keane brought Emily Coral Beach after their dinner.

“How you find the show?” Keane asked as they sat on the bench.

“It was great, I love those stunts they did. My favorite character is Daisy Duck!”

“Really? I had this strong liking for Donald!” Keane exclaimed.

“Let me guess. I think it’s because they are the supporting characters for Mickey and Minnie, which is why we like them? Donald and Daisy took the back seats just like we imagined ourselves to be whenever we are with Ted and Veronica?” Emily concluded.

“So that is why you like Daisy? I guess my reason is more or less similar to you.” Keane said with a foolish smile on his face.

“Yes, we simply failed to realize that we are the main characters of our own lives. No one can take away our glamorous moments if we do not give them up.”

“I certainly agree with what you have just said.” Keane paused for a moment. “Emily, there’s something I have wanted to ask you. But I do not know if I should.”

“Just ask then.”

“Do you still love George?” Keane asked.
------------------
Are you as anxious as Keane to know the answer? Come on back tomorrow & you might get to know the answer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!