Story of US - 50th episode!

At the same time, Ted and Peace said, “Agnes!”

“Yes? What's wrong?” Agnes had a surprised look on her face.

“Hi, everyone! I'm here!”

Every pair of eyes turned to look at Aaron who just came in.

“I'm not the latest, am I? Why are you looking at me in that way?”

Pointing to Peace, Angie asked Aaron, “Do you know her?”

“Of course I do, I know her since she was born. Peace is my cousin.” Aaron answered naturally.

“Ralph, you listen to me.” Peace stood up and walked towards Ralph.

“No Ralph. It was my idea.” Ted said as he stood up too.

“Look, who's here!” George was standing at the door.

“Yes big guy. We were expecting you.” Jim said.

“Uncle Jim, I know. But I brought someone special!” Just when George finished his sentence, Naomi came out from behind George's back.

“Naomi!” Ralph walked past Ted and Peace who were walking towards him to explain the whole situation.

The two siblings hugged; they have not seen each other for a year. Naomi has gone Vienna to take up Masters in Music in Valero Academy of Fine Arts.

“How come you are back? You didn't even inform us!” Ralph asked.

“I wanted to give you a surprise! Luck was on my side, I came back just in time for a gathering with everyone present. Well, George knew about it as I need someone to help me with the luggage.” Naomi laughed.

“Yup, I was having such a hard time keeping this secret for her.” George added.

“Welcome back!” James’ voice came from behind.

Naomi walked in searching for the face of the familiar voice. Her eyes become watery instantly at the sight of seeing James on his wheelchair.

“What happened to you, James? No one told me you were injured!” Tears started rolling down Naomi’s cheeks.

“Hey! Don't cry. I'm alright now.” James said as he stroked Naomi's head. “We are here to celebrate that I got a new job as the coach for Chicago's Primary Track and Field Team.”

George, who was also not informed of James’ accident asked, “Is your injury serious? Can't you go back to the tracks when you have recovered?”

“Well, I can't walk anymore. How do I race then? Come on, don't talk about these unhappy stuff. Let's dig in before the food turns cold.”

“Aren't you going to wait for us?” Veronica walked in with Tyson.

“Hi Mr Tyson!” greeted James and he turned to smile at Veronica.

Just then, someone shouted from the door.

“Sorry, we're late!”

Keane walked in holding Emily’s hand.

“Why are you so late, Keane?” asked Renee.

“Sorry, Mum. Emily was held up at work. Oh, let me introduce. This is Emily, my girlfriend.” Keane said as he walked to the table.

“Emily!” “Veron!” The two sisters were startled to see each other.

“You are Keane’s girlfriend? When did the two of you get together? How come I don’t know anything about it?” Veronica asked.

“And Veron, how come you are here?”

“We are here to celebrate that James got a new job and Veron is his girlfriend. That’s why she’s here.” Jim interrupted.

“You didn’t tell me about that either.”

Both sisters broke into laughter.

After dinner, George and Naomi were entertaining the rest with their performance just like those good old days.

“Ralph, we didn’t meant to keep it from you. Back then, Peace needed a job and we were afraid that you might not hire her if you have known that she’s Aaron’s cousin.” Ted said.

“It’s ok, Ted. I understand. Don’t worry, I would not go back and sack Peace.” Ralph chuckled. “However, Peace seems quite bothered recently. Maybe you should talk to her.”

“Ok, I’ll find a chance to talk to her.”

“Peace, I heard from Aaron that you rejected Ted?” Agnes brought Peace up to her room to have a private conversation.

“Yes, I did.”

“Hope you don’t mind me asking. May I know why?”

“Isn’t the way we are now good enough? Who can be sure that things would stay the same if we got together?”

“Do you like him? Or you have somebody else in your heart?”

“I knew about his feelings all along and I do not deny I do like him. Friends can talk about anything under the sun openly, when you become an item, you tend to hide one thing or another from your partner. I was an orphan, been staying with Aaron and his parents since young. Even in school, I do not have many friends. Which is why I treasured all the friends I have. That includes Ted. He’s one of the best friends I ever have. He was there during my ups and downs. All the little things he did for me really touched my heart and I appreciate them. But…” Peace’s eyes turn watery.

“But you just can’t get him out of your mind and let Ted replaces him in your heart. Am I right, Peace?” Aaron walked into the room.

“Aaron, don’t you know it’s rude to interrupt when people are talking? Especially when we are having a girl’s talk?” Agnes reprimanded him.

Peace wiped her tears and looked up at her cousin.

“How is Ted not comparable to Ice? Haven’t you wake up? Are you still not convinced that the two of you are not for each other? He doesn’t love you at all!”

“Aaron, stop! You are not Ice and you don’t know him. I want to hear no more of this!” Peace shouted and ran out of the room.

“Peace!” Agnes stood up. Turning to Aaron, she raised her voice, “Look what you have done!”

Running down the stairs, Peace knocked into Ted who was walking up the stairs. He was about to look for Peace at Agnes’ room. Peace continued running and dashed out of the front door.

Ted chased after Peace and managed to catch up with her at Cupid Park.

“Peace, what happened? Why are you crying?” Ted held onto Peace’s arms to stop her from running and looked at her in the eyes.

“Why do you even bothered?” Peace shakes off Ted’s hands and took off once more.

“Because I love you!” Ted shouted.

Peace stopped in her tracks. Ted walked towards her.

Hugging Peace from the back, Ted said, “Peace, after Joy left, I never knew I would meet another girl who can touches my heart. Just when everything seems gloomy, I got to know you. The first day we met at the street basketball match, my heart was racing. It was not the after effects of the match but for you. From that moment on, I know you are the reason my heart regains its life. You let it live once more. We may always be squabbling, but even till now whenever we are down to serious talking, my heart races. I get nervous. Do you know how much it hurts me to see you cry? I wish I can shelter you from all harm and never let you shed a tear. I really wish we could spend the rest of our lives together. Just you and me with a few little ones running around in the house. Peace, I just want you to know no matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you. I don’t care how long I must wait, I believe one day we can be together.”

Peace turned around and faced Ted, “Why are you so silly?”
--------------------
Hey, readers! I was at the S-Pop concert held at Mediacorp yesterday nite so I didn't managed to publish this episode earlier. I'm so sorry for the hiccups these few days! I would be publishing 51st episode ard lunch time later. The story is coming to an end soon and I'm still considering whether to start a 2nd story. I've rec'd 2 votes for a chinese novel though. haha =) We shall see about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!