Story of US - 42nd episode!

The next day, Emily was getting ready to leave the house when Veronica walked into her room.

“Emily, are you going out with Keane again?”

“Yes, Veron. Is there something you want to tell me?”

“How should I go about saying this? Emily, I do not deny that you have been happier ever since you started going out with Keane. I still feel that you should be careful of him. It would take pretty long a time for me to let down my guard against him completely.”

“Veron, I know you care about me. I’ll take good care of myself. I still trust that Keane has changed. I choose to believe him and I hope you understand.”

“If that’s the case, I hope that I’m wrong about him. Let’s just pray that he would be the one to bring you true happiness.” Veronica smiled.

“Thanks, Veron. I think he’s here, I better get going now.” Emily said as she saw Keane’s car through her room window.

“Hi Keane!” greeted Emily as she stepped out of the house.

“Hey! You look great in this Mango sleeveless top! Yellow, it’s my favorite color.” Keane smiled.

“Thanks for the compliment.” Emily replied as she stepped into the car.

As Keane got in, Emily asked, “Where are we heading to now?”

“You would know when we get there!” Keane flashed a secretive smile.

“Oh, Halliburton Zoo! You should have told me earlier, I could have prepared some snacks and drinks.”

“Don’t worry! I’m well prepared.” Keane alighted from his car and took out a back pack off the rear passenger seat.

“Let’s see what you have in there.” Emily peeped into the bag as she walked over to Keane’s side.

“There’s sandwiches which I’ve specially woke up early to prepare. And this herbal tea, I brewed it myself too. Umbrellas, in case it rains. I bought some tidbits too. Look! I have mini fans that would come in handy if the weather gets unbearably hot.”

“I’m amazed, you have planned everything nicely. Hmm, come to think of it, it has been a long time since I last came to the Zoo.”

“Me too. So let’s leave everything aside and enjoy ourselves to the fullest today. Let’s go!”

Emily and Keane started their Zoo excursion with a fun time during the polar bear feeding session. Next was the elephants show at Amazing Asia. One enclosure after another, they visited the animals and took a lot of photos along the way. After a simple lunch prepared by Keane, they were waiting for an animal show at Jungle Wonders Amphitheatre. Keane excused himself to the restroom, his stomach was aching.

Soon after Keane left, the show started. After some time, Keane has not returned, Emily can’t help worrying. Just as she was about to stand up and look for Keane, the host picked her as the volunteer for the next show item. Before Emily could react or say no, she was already led up the stage and standing in the center with the host.

“Hi, welcome to Halliburton Zoo! Miss, what’s your name?” asked the host.

“Emily.”

“Oh, that’s a nice name. Now, inside this big crate, there’s a special animal in it. I’ll need your help to open this crate cover so that the rest of the audience can see what we have in here.”

“Is this animal dangerous?” Emily asked and took a step back.

“Don’t worry, Emily. I’m pretty sure he’s friendly and would not hurt you. Anytime when you are ready, you can help us to lift the cover.”

Taking a deep breathe, Emily placed her hands on the crate cover and proceeded to lift it up. Out popped a Donald Duck. Slowly and steadily, Donald stood up and climbed out of the crate.

The audience was happily going, “Oh! Wow!”

Above the audience was a long rope running from the top of the theatre to the stage and a chimpanzee was swinging its way down with the help of the rope.

Upon reaching the stage, the chimpanzee passes a gift box to Donald Duck. Taking over the gift box, Donald opened it and revealed a dazzling bracelet. The host passed his microphone to Donald.

In his Donald Duck voice, he spoke, “Emily, would you be willing to be my Daisy Duck?”

Donald Duck went onto his knees clumsily.

Recognizing the voice, Emily was surprised and blurted, “Keane?”

Donald nodded his head.

Emily blushed and tears filled her eyes.

By now, the audience who watched the whole scene was on their feet, clapping their hands and shouting, “Say Yes! Say Yes! Say Yes!”

“Yes, I’m willing to be your Daisy.” With that, the audience cheered.

Taking off his mascot head, Keane smiled. He put on the bracelet for Emily and they hugged.
----------------
Tml, we wld be zooming in on lives after graduation for the other characters. Sometimes, when a character has not make his/her appearance for too long, readers forget abt them. Well, as long as I did a character introduction, that character is one of the main character in the story. I hate stories/shows with endings that leave etg to the readers'/viewers' imagination to put the whole picture in place. So in my story, I tried to explain what happened to all my characters. (^^.)

p/S: Sorry for the late post, just returned from Eric Moo's concert. The seating arrangement at Indoor Stadium is definitely far better than Max Pavilion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!