The story of US - 37th episode!

Aaron has been staying in the hospital for a week and one of these days, Agnes was doing her rounds as usual.

“Agnes, how high is my chances of recovering and starts playing basketball again?” Aaron asked as Agnes was giving him a checkup.

“Aaron, I can see that so far your condition is stable and everything is under control. If nothing goes wrong this week, you would be discharged. We would then be able to see our HBA’s MVP(most valuable player), Aaron Jordan showing off his wonderful skills on the basketball court once more.” Agnes replied with a smile.

“How about my chances of getting back with you?” Aaron blurted out.

“We shall talk about that another time.” Agnes turned to leave.

“Agnes, can we talk?” Aaron held onto Agnes’ hand.

“Not now, Aaron. I need to make my rounds. Another time, maybe.” Agnes pulled Aaron’s hand off and walked out of the ward.

The scenario was familiar to them both. Only this time round, Agnes was the one to pull Aaron’s hand off. Their hearts broke twice.

******************

After dinner at Hartford’s Pub, Agnes was sitting in daze.

“Are you ok? You seem bothered while having dinner just now.” Naomi asked, showing her concern.

“I…” Agnes started to speak as Ralph came over.

“Hey, ladies! Aunt Angie wants me to bring these to you.” Ralph said with a plate of fruits on his hands.

“No thanks. I am tired. I shall go up to my room first.” Agnes excused herself.

“Did I interrupt your conversation?” Ralph asked as he looked over to Naomi.

“Nothing, bro. Agnes just said that she is tired. Go get ready for tonight’s performance. Can you perform alone as I need to study for my piano theory papers tomorrow?” Naomi pleaded.

“Ok, I think I can handle the crowd. If not, I can get Aunt Angie to help. No problem at all, go ahead and revise.” Ralph shooed Naomi up the stairs.

“Agnes, can I come in?” Naomi went up to Agnes room.

“I reckon you have got something to say before Ralph came over just now. Do you want to tell me what is bothering you?” Naomi continued as she walked in.

“Nothing much actually.” Agnes replied.

“Agnes, Ralph and I have been living here for so many years. I have always looked up to you as my own sister too. You can talk to me about your problems if you want to.” Naomi sat down on the bed and held Agnes hands in hers.

“Ok. It is about Aaron. A week ago, he had a heart attack and was admitted to Carson Hospital. His condition was critical and I did a heart bypass operation for him.” Agnes said.

“Oh, that’s bad. Is he ok now?” Naomi asked.

“He’s recovering pretty well.” Agnes continued.

“You are worried about his condition?” asked Naomi.

“Not so much of that, he has always been a strong guy, I bet he would recover fully in no time. It’s just that, he initiated a patch.” Agnes sighed.

“Isn’t that what you have been hoping for? You still love him, don’t you? Since he has asked, you can get back to him finally!” Naomi said with excitement.

“Naomi, you know that Ralph has a liking on me and you encourage me to patch with Aaron?” Agnes gave a surprised look.

“Well, love is not a one sided track, Agnes. Of course I know how much my brother likes you and cares for you all these while. However, I can feel the love between Aaron and you. You were heartbroken on the day he broke off with you. On that day, I can sense how much he meant to you. All these years, I can see that you have not got over him, I saw you cutting and keeping newspapers clips of him. The two of you are meant to be with each other. Don’t let this chance slipped away.” Naomi patted on Agnes shoulder.
--------------------
Having read so far, I'm glad I've set some readers thinking. From the comments on the tagboard, I can sense that you've thought over your own life and learnt some things from the characters. I believe every1 can relate ourselves to 1 or anor charcters in the story. Learn frm the mistakes they made and lead a better life for yourself! Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!