Story of US - 48th episode!

Reynolds family went back to Hartford's Pub.

“How's James taking it?” Jim asked.

Jim brought Angie home after catching up with her when she ran out of the ward. Angie was in an unstable state as she was too upset to see her son in this plight.

“Better than what we have expected, he's taking it pretty well. Veronica is accompanying him in the hospital.” Agnes said as she sat down at the table with her parents.

“Could he be hiding his own emotions?” Angie's eyes were still swollen from all those crying.

“Well, I guess only James hold the answer to that.” Agnes smiled.

“Dear, do not worry. I believe James would not give up on himself, he has our support too.” Jim hugged Angie in his arms.

“Dad, Mum, go catch some sleep. I believe you are exhausted. I'm on night shift tomorrow, so we can all visit James together in the afternoon.”

“Good Morning, Uncle Jim, Aunt Angie!” Ralph greeted as he sat down at the table for breakfast the next morning.

“Good Morning, Ralph.” Jim and Angie return the greetings, looking all shagged.

“Hi Ralph!” Agnes came down from the stairs.

“Hi Agnes, where's James?”

Ralph didn't reach home until midnight and the Reynolds family has not informed him of James' accident.

Agnes shifted her looks from Angie whose eyes has started to turn teary once more and said to Ralph, “He had an accident and is in the hospital right now.”

“I'm sorry to hear that. How is he now?” asked a concerned Ralph.

“The doctor said his condition is stable now. We are visiting him later in the afternoon, you want to come along?”

“Ok, I'll inform my secretary that I'm going in late.”

In the afternoon, Ralph went to Carson Hospital with the Reynolds family to visit James.

“Veron, you are still here?” Agnes asked upon seeing her.

“Yes, can someone help me to persuade her to go home and catch some sleep?” James said.

“Miss Vogel, I think you should go home and have a rest first. My wife and I will take over from here.” Jim said.

“Uncle Jim, you can just call me Veronica. Ok, since that’s the case, I shall come back and visit James in the evening.”

“Bye, Uncle Jim! Bye, Aunt Angie! Agnes, Ralph, I got to go. Help me to look after this fellow.” Veronica carried her bag and was about to walk out of the room.

James said, “You are leaving just like that?”

With that, James pointed to his lips.

Veronica blushed as she walked toward his bed. As she bent down, wanting to kiss James on the cheeks, James turned and kissed her on the lips.

Veronica slapped his arm and spoke into James' ears, “You would get it tonight!”

Turning to the others, Veronica bided goodbye and took her leave.

“Something sparkled last night?” Jim asked as he sat on James' bed.

“What are you trying to say, Dad?”

“The two of you are together?” Agnes interrupted.

“Isn't that not obvious enough?” Angie said and smiled for the first time since the accident.

“What's so obvious?” Renee asked as she walked into the ward with Fernando beside her.

“Renee, I'm glad you are here.” Angie stood up and hugged Renee tight.

“How are you feeling, James? Ted said he would be visiting you tonight with Keane.” Fernando walked towards the bed.

“Thanks, Uncle Fernando. I'm alright but I can't say the same for the bike that Uncle Fred gave to dad as his birthday present.”

“Silly boy! I'm sure Uncle Fred in Heaven would not hold it against you as long as you are ok. Your mum was on the phone with me last night. Do you know how sad and worried she was?” Renee said as she held onto Angie's hands.

“Mum, I'm sorry to make you worried even when I'm old enough to take care of myself. Do not be sad over the lost of my legs, I would be fine. I do not deny that it would take some time for me to get used to moving around, but I would not give up on myself. Remember how Joy always said hopes would never get lost unless you give up on yourself.”

Angie tears start falling once more as she remembered how she lost her daughter a few years back. Till now, it was still hard for her to accept the fact that Joy's no longer around.

“You just have to make Mum cry, don't you?” Agnes said as she wrapped her arms around Angie.

“No Agnes, it's not your brother's fault.” Angie said as she wiped off her tears.

“Have you thought of what to do after this?” Ralph asked.

“Oh, I have plenty of choices which I am not sure which one to take.” James replied with a grin on his face.

“Share with us, James. We can offer you some advice.” Fernando said.

“Yah, I was thinking of seeking some opinions too.” said James as he sat up. “At first, I was thinking if I should make use of my degree in Banking and Financial Services and find a job in that field. Then I was thinking of taking up professional bartender course so I could stay in Hartford's Pub and help out my parents. Home is still the best place where you get the most care when you need them. Or maybe I can be a coach at some elementary school for their track and field team. I may no longer be able to run on the tracks or jump over the hurdles anymore but I believe my past experiences can help me alot in training the kids to be potential athletes.”

“I can help you to write a referral letter to Chicago Primary if you want; the principal is my ex-classmate.” Fernando said.

“One of my staff is taking up professional bartender's course, I can check with him for more details too.” Ralph offered.

“If you are heading towards financial sector, maybe Keane can help to see if there's vacancy in Berkshire's Financial Services.” Renee said.

“Thanks for all the help! I'm counting on you folks now.” James did a half bow.
------------------
Hey readers! I'll be going back M'sia in afew hours time, so here's ur story for 2nite. You folks wld miss my story tml, coz there wouldn't be any episode being published. I'll be chilling with my cuzzies back at my gpa's kampung. So, wait till Sun when I come back ba! =) Happy Weekends!

SELAMAT HARI RAYA! (Doubt there're any malay fellow readers in my blog?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!