Story of US - 38th episode!

“Veron, I heard that Tyson Grand Prix would be held in Halliburton this year! Would you be able to get a few tickets for me as the top Marketing Executive in Tyson Motor Sports Association?” asked an excited Emily.

“I didn’t know you were interested in bike racing?” Veronica said looking at her sister in doubt.

“There is no harm in seeing great hunks in their cool outfits racing around the course for the champion, right?” Emily grinned.

“I thought you always said racing pollutes the air and stuff like that, my dear environmentalist. Tell me, why are you interested in the Tyson Grand Prix this time?” Veronica pokes Emily as she probes her further.

“Just help me to get tickets, will you? When did you become such a nosey person?” Emily blushed.

“Hmm, somebody is trying to hide something. Well, until I know the truth behind it, or I would not get the tickets for you.” Veronica said as she started to tickle Emily.

“Ok, ok. Stop tickling me. I surrender. I tell you.” Emily giggled.

“So, what’s with the Grand Prix?” asks Veronica.

“He likes to watch races.” Emily started.

“Who is he? How did you get to know him? While you were examining a tree, he fell off?” Veronica asked jokingly.

Veronica always liked to make fun of Emily’s job nature. As Emily’s elder sister, she cared a lot about her relationship too. Ever since George broke with her in Uni, Emily has changed a lot. She became a reserved person and seldom go clubbing anymore. Since then, no one has ever heard her talk about any guys going after her or anyone she has interest in. Veronica knew it was a very big blow to Emily, as she loved George alot. However, no matter how hard Veronica and Tammie try to explain, George refused to forgive Emily for what she has done to Naomi. And for that, they always say that George’s heart is harder than the muscles he has.

“Actually, you know him. I met him when I attended Jane’s birthday two weeks ago.” Emily continued.

“I know this guy you are interested in? Where is he from? Tell me his name, Emily.” Veronica is sitting on the edge of her chair now.

“It’s Keane.” Emily says.

“WHAT? You meant to say that playboy who caused George to leave you? I mean.. what I mean was.. Erm, never mind about what I mean. Are you trying to tell me that Keane is after you or stuff like that? You and I know what kind of person he is, Emily. There’s no happiness being with a guy like him!” Veronica still has the same impression she had of Keane when they were in Walter Uni.

“Cool down, Veronica. He has changed, just like you and me. Still remember how we used to be described as the notorious pairs in Walter? We are no longer the same arrogant, demanding girls or what so ever they used to say. Every one of us has a growing phase and if both of us can grown to be more mature, why can’t Keane? He has grown from a playboy to a successful man. He is doing well as the Financial Controller in Berkshire’s Financial Services.” Emily defended.

“Well, I am just reminding you, Emily. I don’t want you to be hurt again. Just be careful about Keane. I still have my doubts for him.” Veronica shrugged her shoulders.

“Veron, would you be helping me to get the tickets then?” Emily pleaded.

“I will try my best, but I can’t promise anything.” Veronica winked as she left the room.
“Here are the tickets, Emily.” Veronica said as she entered Emily’s room. “I still can’t believe that you are going out with Keane.”

Emily smiled. “We are just friends. Furthermore, he has changed. I understand that you are worried, Veron. Even if he is a wolf, I would be able to protect myself. I’ll be fine. Tammie and you have always been telling me to get out of the house more often right? Now I am doing it, so you should be happy for me.”

“Of course we are happy that you finally stop cropping yourself in the room and shut out from the outside world. However, we didn’t expect Keane to be the one to bring you out of the shell. Just hope we are wrong about that guy.” Veronica sighed.

14th April 2003 – Tyson Grand Prix

“Veronica, this is your first time watching the Grand Prix on the race course and not from TV right? How about I show you around?” asked Tyson, Managing Director of Tyson Motor Sports Association.

“Ok, my pleasure.” Veronica replied with a smile.

“This is the resting area for our racer and the car crew. James, come over here. Let me introduce to you, Veronica, our marketing executive. And Veronica, we have here, James Reynolds. He’s a rising star and after months of intensive training, he is representing Tyson in today Grand Prix. Though this is his first race, we placed high hopes on him.” Tyson showed a proud look on his face.

“James Reynolds? You look familiar and I seem to hear your name somewhere. Anyway, good luck! Hope you win the first race of your racing career!” Veronica shakes James’ hands and couldn’t take her eyes off him as she tried to recall if she knows him elsewhere.

“Veronica, I thought that line is only for guys when they see pretty girls. Didn’t know an elegant and sophisticated lady like you would use it on handsome guy too?” Tyson said smilingly.

“You certainly know how to joke, Mr Tyson.” James said. “I think you better get back to the seats as the race is about to start and I need to get ready too.”

“Ok, son. Give your best shot! We shall settle down and wait for your good show.” Tyson said as he led Veronica out.
-----------------------
We have a supporting cast for tonight and afew more episodes, Tyson - Managing Director of Tyson Motor Sports Association. Warm welcome to him!
So, has Keane turned over a new leaf? What would happens between Emily & Keane? And what else is going on in the rest of the characters' work life? I bet you're dying to know. Come on back for the remaining 22 episodes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!