Story of US - 44th episode!

“I am sorry, Ted. Coach calls for last minute training. Help me to inform Peace I can’t make it for her birthday celebration tonight.” Came Aaron’s voice on the phone.

“Aaron, you know Peace would be disappointed. Or you try to come after training?” Ted said.

“Ted, I really doubt I can make it. I got to go now. I’ll call you again. Bye!” Aaron hanged up the phone.

“Aaron. Hello!” Ted scratched his head. “What should I do? That woman would be hopping mad.”

“Sorry, I’m late. Something cropped up. Have you been here for long? Where’s Aaron?” Peace rushed down from her office and was disappointed to see Ted alone at the lobby.

“He said he’ll be late.” Ted forced a smile.

“Don’t lie to me, Ted. Your eyes betrayed you. Aaron can’t make it, right?”

“Well, yes. He called to say he has last minute training.” Ted tried to explain.

“Forget it. I’ve expected that. So where are we going now?” Peace asked.

“How about trying some Italian food? I know of a restaurant near by that sells nice Italian food.”

“Ok. Let’s go!”

Off they went to Casa Roma for dinner.

“I’ll have a Spaghetti alle vongole (Spaghetti with baby clams cooked with white wine).” Peace said.

“Give me one Ravioli magro panna e prosciutto (Home made stuffed pasta with Parma Ham and ricotta cheese with cream sauce).” Ted ordered and turned to look at Peace. “They sell nice Tiramisu here; you want to try?”

*For the dishes above, you can find them at Casa Roma that truly exists in Singapore. Please visit www.casaroma.com.sg to find out more.*

“Sure.” Peace replied while looking around at the nicely decorated Italian restaurant.

“Can I have one Tiramisu to be served later? Thanks!”

“Are you still angry with Aaron?” Ted turned to Peace and asked after finishing with his order.

“Well, you know I don’t get angry for long. Anyway, I’ve sort of expected it. It’s always so hard to get him.”

“I believe he don’t mean it.”

“Forget it, don’t talk about him.”

“How’s work at Strauss so far?”

“There’s a lot to be done. Working is so much different. Stressed, but fun. Ralph is a nice guy too. Though he’s the CEO, he gets along well with everyone of us. He’s definitely not like some kind of stuck up boss you see on TV. I’ve learnt a lot from him too.”

“Yup, he’s a very nice friend too. Humble and honest guy, only thing is he doesn’t talk much.”

Soon, their food arrived.

“Excuse me for a moment.” Ted stood up after finishing his plate of Ravioli magro panna e prosciutto. When he returned, he has a plate in his hand with the tiramisu placed nicely with a candle right in the middle. Following behind him is a violinist, with that Ted started to sing.

“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to Peace! Happy Birthday to you!”

The rest of the patrons at the restaurant clapped.

“You and your silly ideas!” Peace laughed.

“Make a wish.” Ted smiled.

Peace held her hands together and silently made a wish.

“It’s heavenly!” Peace said as she puts a small piece of the tiramisu cake into her mouth.

“I didn’t make a wrong recommendation, right?”
“Where to now?” Peace asked as they stepped out of Casa Roma.

“Anywhere you have in mind? You call the shots tonight.”

“I feel like going to the beach now.”

“Ok.” Ted said and pulled Peace’s hands.

“Where are you bringing me to?”

“To Coral’s Beach.”

“At this hour?” Peace asked.

“Yup. I have a car, why not? Or you are afraid I would do something to you?”

“Don’t be cheeky. You’ll be dead if you try to do anything funny. Go get your car now.” Peace said and pushed Ted’s forehead.

“Woohoo! It’d been such a long time since I came to the beach. How great it is to feel the sand underneath my legs and listen to the waves crashing on the shores.” Peace took a deep breathe. “Even the air smells fresher on the beach!”

They lay down on the beach and before their eyes the vast sky was filled with stars that sparkled like diamonds.

“Peace, I have something to tell you.” Ted said as he sat up.

“Yes?” Peace turned to look at him.

“I was thinking of bringing our friendship to a higher level.”
-------------------
As per a private request by 1 of my loyal readers from the Bears' family, I've decided to give a surprise to my readers by posting the story early tonight. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!