Story of US - 49th episode!

“Why aren't you pressing charges on Damien?” Tyson came to Hartford's Pub looking for James.
“Hi, Mr Tyson! Take a seat, I shall make you a drink.” James wheeled himself and showed Tyson to his table and went back to the bar counter.

“The police have found an eye witness. You know Adam saw Damien hanging around the garage and the pliers have his fingerprints on them. Damien has admitted in meddling with your bike too!”

“Mr Tyson, I've lost my legs in the accident. Even if I sue Damien and has him put behind bars, it's not going to do my legs any good. However, I believe if Damien is willing to put in effort, he can reap great achievements. I believe he can achieve his goal of becoming Halliburton top racer and slowly rise to become one of the World's best racers. Mr Tyson, I hope as he achieved his goals, he can fulfill my wish as well. Damien has great potential too, he just need to change his attitude a fair bit and someone to guide him along.”

“You don't blame him for what he did to you?”

“Maybe that's my fate.” James smiled.

The phone rings.

Angie answered the call. “James, your call. Uncle Fernando's on the other line.”

“Hi, Uncle Fernando.”

“James, I have a piece of good news for you. My friend, Mr Hilbert, the principal of Chicago Primary said he would likes to meet you for an interview. Would you be free this afternoon? I can go over to pick you up.”

“That's great! Thank You, Uncle Fernando. I'll be waiting for you here then!”

“Ok, now go get yourself ready. I'll be here in a jiffy.”

“Mum, I'm having an interview later. Uncle Fernando has arranged for me to meet the principal of Chicago Primary.”

“James, why don't you consider taking up the professional bartender's course instead? At least, I can watch over you.”

“Mum, I know you are worried about me. Trust me, I'll be fine on my own. If the school rejects me, I promise I would take up the course and stay put in Hartford, ok?”

“Well, what can I do when my three kids are just the same? Once you have decided on something, when have I ever been able to persuade you? Let me help you to iron your shirt then.” Angie's wrinkles showed at the corner of her eyes as she forced a smile.

“Thanks Mum!”

“Are you ready, James?” It was one in the afternoon when Fernando reached Hartford's Pub.

“I can leave any moment, Uncle Fernando.”

“Wow! You look smart in that shirt, son! Where are you going?” asked Jim who just came back from outside.

“Dad, Uncle Fernando has arranged an interview with the principal of Chicago Primary for me.”

“Oh! Good Luck, son!” Jim patted on James shoulders as they passed each other. “Thanks for the help, Fernando! You need me to go with you?”

“Jim, I can handle. Don't worry, I'll take good care of James.” Fernando smiled and wheeled James out of the front door.

“Mr Reynolds, I heard from Fernando that you were the best all rounded Track and Field member when you were studying in Walter Uni.” Hilbert said as he flipped through James' resume.

“Mr Hilbert, you can call me James. Yes, I was in Walter's school team. Other than actively participating in track and field, I was also in Leo's Club. It's a social service community where members of the clubs do voluntary works at old folk’s homes and orphanages.”

“I see. So you have no problems in interacting with the kids. However, I must say children nowadays are more mischievous than in the past. They do challenge adults in one way or another.”

“I cannot promise I would be able to control them fully but I would try my best to keep them disciplined.”

“Ok. As part of the school's employment regulations, I would need to put you on three-month probation. Thereafter, we would do a review and see if we can continue to keep you as a full time coach. Is that ok with you, James?”

“It means you are hiring me?”

“Welcome to the Chicago Family!” Hilbert stood up and shake hands with James.

The door opened and James came out of Hilbert's office. Fernando was sitting outside, waiting patiently.

“Uncle Fernando, I got the job!”

Hilbert walked out after James.

“Congrats!” Fernando placed his hands on James' wide muscular shoulders. “Thanks, Hilbert!”

“Com'on, we're such old pals and I always believe in giving people a chance to prove themselves. Still, if James doesn’t do a good job, I would have to ask him to pack and go.” Hilbert smiled.

“Don’t worry, Hilbert! I bet you would never want to let him go once he starts working here.”

“James, we should have a celebration tonight. I shall inform the rest to head down to Hartford's Pub after work.” Fernando suggested on their way back.

“Sure, it'd been a long time since we hold any celebration in Hartford.”

Though it was a last minute decision, everyone who was being informed turned up.

“Where's George?” Angie asked as she placed a plate of fried chicken wings on the table.

“I have called Keane and asked him to inform George. I think they should be here shortly.” Ted said as he took a sip of his orange juice.

“James, did you inform Mr Tyson?”

“Yes, Dad. I've informed Veron and I think they're on their way now.”

“Ralph, you are back! Is this your girlfriend?” Angie asked as Ralph walked in.

“Aunt Angie, don't be mistaken. Her name is Peace and she's my music director. I've invited her over to join us as she's a friend of Ted too.”

“Oh! You are Peace. Ted often mention to us about you.” Angie said as she held Peace hands and led her to the empty seat beside Ted.

“Hi Aunt Angie. Ralph tells me alot about you and Uncle Jim too.” Peace said as she sat down. She turned to look at Agnes who was on the other side. “Hi Agnes! How have you been?”

“You know each other?” Angie asked.

“Yes, Peace is Aaron's cousin.” replied Agnes.

Ralph turned to face the girls when he heard that.
--------------
Sorry for letting you readers missed 2 episodes, I was dead tired when I reached home yesterday night. Continue coming back for the remaining 6 episodes! =) I love you folks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!