Story of US - 47th episode!

Tyson walked into James’ ward.

“Sorry, you are?”

“I’m the Managing Director of Tyson Motor Sports, Tyson.”

“Mr Tyson, you were saying you suspected someone?”

“Yes, my son, Damien.” Tyson replied with a stern look on his face.

“Mr Tyson, is there some misunderstanding here?” James looked into Tyson's face.

“This afternoon, he came into my office and demanded that I switched the racers' position, he said he wants to take your place of the first racer. I refused and he said he would do it his way to get that place.”

“Mr Tyson, still we can't be sure that Damien is behind all these.” Veronica said.

“I know my son. We can't be sure, which is why I'm leaving it to the police to investigate.”

“Thank You, Mr Tyson. This is a valuable piece of information. We would get to the bottom of this. I shall take my leave now.” Inspector Holmes walked out of the ward.

“How are you feeling, James?”

“Thanks for the concern, Mr Tyson. I'm feeling perfectly fine.”

“Did the doctors say anything, Mr Reynolds?”

Angie broke down and cried. She dashed out of the room and Jim went after her.

“Agnes, what's wrong with Mum? Just what the doctors said?”

“James, though I have been a doctor for some time, breaking news to the patient still serves as a challenge for me. What's more it's my own brother I need to inform. Please try to stay calm with regards to what I am going to say now.” Agnes walked closer and held James' hands.

“Agnes, I can take it. Anything, I swear. Tell me please.” James pleaded.

Agnes lifted off James' blanket and punched him in his right leg. Tears rolled down her cheeks when she did that.

“Is this permanent?” James asked.

“Yes, James. The doctor said you would remain semi-paralyzed and doubt that physiology would help much.” Veronica held James' other hand and said.

Looking down at his legs, James paused for a moment.

Soon he raised his head and said, “Do not cry for me. I believe this is my fate. I guessed Joy was watching over me from above. When I got hit, I thought I would never wake up again. The impact was so great.”

Turning to look at Tyson, James spoke, “Mr Tyson, I am sorry that I would no longer be able to serve you.”

“James, I'm really sorry for what has happened. If Damien is the culprit, I would make sure justice is done.”

“Mr Tyson, let's just wait till the police finished their investigation.” said James.

“Aren't you going home?” James asked Veronica who was by his bedside when he woke up in the middle of the night.

“It's ok. I just want to stay by your side.”

“Are you worried that I might do something silly?”

“James, you seem to take it too easily. Somehow, I sense that you are holding back just to put on a brave front for us. Now, there's only you and me. You can let it all out.”

“Why? Have you folks been waiting for me to break down or lost control of myself? Trust me, Veron. I'm alright.”

“James, you were a racer who once had a bright future. If this has not happened, you would bring honor to Halliburton City. Representing Tyson Motor Sports and take part in Grand Prixs all over the world and emerge as a top racer!” Veronica broke down.

“Veron, though I’ve lost a pair of legs, not all hopes are lost. I may not be able to race in my life again but I can still do things for the racing world if I want to. There would always be chances for us to prove ourselves as long as we allow ourselves to. Even if I may never step into the racing world again, it doesn't mark the end for me. Do not forget, I still have a degree.”

“Aren't you feeling sad at all?” Veronica wiped her tears.

“Joy is living in me.”

“Huh?”

“Do you still remember I have a sister, Joy?”

“Yup, she was Agnes' twin.”

“Yes. Joy had never give up, even when she knew she had cancer and had little time left on Earth. Since young, she had always been an optimistic person. Joy was a sensible girl; never need anyone to worry for her. When she was hit down by obstacles, Joy always managed to find a way to bounce back harder. Once she told me, hopes would never get lost unless you give up on yourself.”

“She was really a very nice girl. You do remember how notorious my sister, Emily and I were? No matter how we tried to bring her down, she never failed to flash us her angelic smile. At that point of time, we felt really mad. However, thinking back now, I can understand why most of Walter Uni's students like to be around her.”

“The positive energy that Joy emitted was incredible. Though she may have left, her spirit lives on in the people around her. At least for me, whenever I felt that life loses its meaning, all I need to do is think of Joy. Miracles would happen.”

“Were you thinking of Joy when the accident took place?”

“You want to know the truth? Well, actually I was thinking of Joy. However, I was not hoping she would watches over me. In my mind, I told myself that finally I'm joining Joy in Heaven.” James said and smiled.

“No, James. You can't just leave like that, you understand? Alot of people need you. Didn't you see how Aunt Angie cried just now? Can you even imagine what would happened if you are no longer around?”

“Of course I know many would not bear to see me die, they would miss me. What about you?”

“You are my friend, if you are gone, I would be sad too.”

“Are we just friends?”

“I think you must be thirsty, I go get some water.”

James held onto Veronica's hand.

“Or you find me a burden now that I have lost both my legs?”

“What are you talking about? I don't like you for your legs, why would I give you up because of them?”

“So, you like me?”

“I...”

Before Veronica could continue, James pulled her head down and they kissed.
--------------
Last 8 episodes to go! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!