Story of US - 53rd episode!

"Love In Peace"

In love lie arguments of all sorts
Bears everything just to fight in line with you in smiles
Rumors flying everywhere wars never ending
The ability to hug you is my victory to all
To endure all misery seeking the freedom to love
The world is against us
No family or friends is with us
Together we protect with pride
Rather die than live without love
In history no love as strong
Loving till we fall
Against all odds
With lies surrounding us
Seeking for happiness that is pure and innocent
Obstacles may come
In difficulties we take our stride
To prove the existence of true love
Our bodies lost its strength
The path of love seems endlessly long
Wounds may get deeper regrets are never
No matter how lonely this world may get
Warmth of love can still be felt
Love needs no assurance from others
Everyone has someone precious to the heart
Even when onlookers try hard to break us apart
Rather die than live without love
Is the reason for our tears
Once we feared
Now we fight
And brave the storm to love you with strength
In time we would have kids
To continue our love story
Even when we leave the world behind
To love in peace

By the time, Ralph finished singing the song, everyone was touched to tears. It was a memorable night for all present at Hartford’s Pub that night. The same song struck the different chords in their hearts. As for Ralph, his feelings for Agnes slowly faded with the song and were forced to end with the very last note.

The next day, life was back to normal once more.

“Ralph, I read from the internet that Bergen and Dow Solutions has imported some high tech equipment from the US. These equipments are specially catered to the music industry. I believe it would help us in our business and makes better music.” Peace suggested during Strauss weekly meeting.

“Peace, if I didn’t remember wrongly, Ted’s working in Bergen? You read on the Internet or he told you about it?” Ralph asked.

“When did you learn to be so cheeky, Ralph? Ok, Ted told me about the new equipment they’ve imported and I went onto their website to find out more. Anyway, Ted’s not the one in charge these new equipment. They are under their marketing consultant’s care and she happened to be my best friend from elementary school. If you are interested, I can ask her down for a discussion.”

“Anything is worth a try to make our music an edge over the others. Help me arrange a meeting with your friend. If there’s nothing else, let’s get back to our work!” With that, Ralph ended the meeting.

After lunch, someone came knocking at Ralph’s office door.

“Come in.”

“Hi Ralph! This is Tammie, the friend I was telling you about. She’s the top marketing consultant of Bergen. I called her this morning and she happened to be around this area for a meeting. So, I invited her over for a discussion.”

“Hi Mr Paris! Nice to meet you.” Tammie shakes hands with Ralph.

“Take a seat and you can just call me Ralph.” Ralph gestured for Tammie to sit down. “Peace, sit down and join us.”

“Ralph, you look familiar.” Tammie said as she took out her company’s brochure.

“Yes, we were in the same Uni.” Ralph replied.

“I know that, Peace told me just now. But not only that, I think I’ve seen you elsewhere.” Tammie continued to ponder.

“Yes. However, I don’t think you would want to know where.”

“Why?” Peace and Tammie asked at once.

“Because you were drunk the first time we met.” Ralph said.

“Oh, I think I remember! You were the guy who brought me home from TGIF Pub?”

Ralph nodded and smiled.

“Gosh! I remember I was entering the restroom and you were coming out. I gave you a tight slap when you stepped out and the next moment I vomited all over you. So, tell me, was it the Gents I wanted to enter that time?”

“Well, despite having long hair for years, I’m still a guy. Yes, it’s was the Gents room.”

“How embarrassing can that be?”

“Actually, we did meet again after that. Twice, if I didn’t remember wrongly. You scolded me on both occasions.” Ralph smiled.

“Tammie was a terror when she entered secondary school; maybe because I wasn’t by her side anymore. I won’t be surprised even if she gives you a good bash at that time.” Peace laughed out loud.

“Yah, I would have killed Ice for you if I really would beat someone up!” Tammie blurted out. “Oh, I’m sorry, Peace.”

Peace smiled and said, “Don’t worry, Tammie. I’ve put down the past.”

“Anyway, Ralph, though those misunderstandings happened a long time ago, please accepts my sincerest apologies.” Tammie said.

“Don’t take it to heart. It had long been over. Anyway, the purpose of your visit today is to discuss the latest gadgets your company has for the music industry.”

“Oh, yes! Here are the brochures. Take a look first and I shall brief you on them.”

“Hmm, they certainly seems to worth a try. Ok, Tammie. You work out a proposal for us and we shall start this new project as soon as we can. Peace, you are in it with me!” Ralph concluded after going through the specifications and hearing the explanation from Tammie.

“Finally after months of hard work, the equipment has settled down!” Tammie announced as she slumped, exhausted, into the sofa in the recording room.

“We wouldn’t have done it without your help, Tammie!” Ralph said.

“Here are your drinks.” Peace passed the drinks to them as she walked in.

“It’s my job.” Tammie smiled. “And if you really want to thank me, how about treating us to dinner? I’m famished!”

“Oh, it’s going to be 9 o’clock. Com’on ladies, my treat.” Ralph gestured as he stood up.

“Sorry, I shall give it a miss. Ted’s coming to pick me up in a moment.” Peace showed a wide smile on her face.

“Yes, it’s just you and your Ted recently. Ralph, let’s go on our own then.” Tammie said as she sticked her tongue at Peace.

The three of them left the office together. Upon reaching the lift lobby, Ted pulled up at the front door of Strauss Building.

“Hey Ralph! I’ve got something for you.” Ted said as he got down from his car.

Peace grabbed Tammie’s hands while Ralph was walking towards Ted.

“Ralph’s a nice guy.” Peace whispered into Tammie’s ear.

“What are you talking about?” Tammie pushed Peace on her shoulder lightly.

On the other side, Ted just passed a name card to Ralph.

“Peace said Tammie loves to eat at this restaurant. Good Luck!” Ted spoke in a mutter.

“Ted, time to go.” Peace said as she went over and held Ted’s hands.

The next moment, Peace and Ted went off in Ted’s car.

Looking at each other, Ralph and Tammie shrugged their shoulders and said, “Madness!”

“Can’t be bothered about them, I need to have my dinner now.” Tammie rubbed her stomach.

“Yup. Let’s go and get my car.” Ralph started walking to the car park.

After leaving Strauss, Ted and Peace bought McDonalds and went Coral beach.

“Ted, do you think Ralph would bring Tammie to Casa Roma?” Peace asked as she sat down.

“I’m not sure but I have informed Jeff to call me once he sees Ralph.” Ted took off his jacket and placed on Peace’s shoulders to keep her from the cold.

Back in Ralph’s car, Tammie asked, “Where do you suggest for dinner?”

“I heard my friends said there’s a nice Italian restaurant nearby. Shall we?” Ralph said as he stole a look at the name card Ted passed to him.

“Sure, any place is fine with me. I just need to fill my stomach.”

Upon reaching the Italian restaurant, Tammie said, “Casa Roma, my favorite place. I often come here with Peace. Ted was the one who brought her here the first time. After that, I came with her and like this place immediately.”

“The food must be great! How about going in first?” Ralph opened the door for her.

“Mr Paris, let me bring you to the table you reserved.” Jeff, the restaurant manager greeted them.

Jeff was one of Walter Uni’s basketball team player. Ted has informed him before hand that Ralph most probably would bring Tammie to Casa Roma. When Ralph received a sponsorship from Walter Uni to open Strauss Records, he got famous. In no time, everyone in Walter Uni started talking about him everywhere in the campus.

“You reserved a table?” Tammie asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Yes, Miss Ashford. Mr Paris called to reserve a table yesterday evening.”

As Tammie walked towards the back of the restaurant, Jeff pulled Ralph back a little and whispered into his ears, “Ted reserved the table for you.”

Jeff led Tammie and Ralph to a private room located at the back of the restaurant. Looking out of the windows, you can see the lights from the nearby office building reflecting on the beautiful sea. And on the opposite side, sits the Coral Beach.

“I never knew you can get such a good view in here!” Tammie exclaimed when she entered the room.

“Excuse me for a moment, Tammie.” Ralph said and left the room.

Ralph took out his cell phone and called Ted, “Hello, Ted. How come you reserved a room for us at Casa Roma? What’s going on?”

Turning to Peace and covering the mouth piece of his cell phone, Ted grinned, “They’re there now.”

Ted said, “Ralph, Tammie is a nice girl. Today is her birthday and we have helped you to plan a surprise for her. Hope you would go on with the plan and make her day. She’ll be touched. When the chance comes, it’s up to you to tell her what you have told me last week.”

With that, Ted hanged up the phone.

“Gosh! I’m not prepared at all.” Ralph kept his cell phone into his pocket and rubbed his hands together as he walked toward the room.

“Where have you been?” Tammie turned around and looked at Ralph as he entered the room.

“Oh, I went to the restroom.” Ralph could hear his own voice trembled.

“Are you cold? You seem to be shivering.”

“Erm, I’m quite afraid of the cold.” Ralph sat down and his legs start shaking.

“Hi! This is the pasto degli amanti set that Mr Paris has ordered before hand. Please enjoy.” Jeff came in with two other waiters holding on to a huge tray each.
(Pasto degli amanti means Lovers meal in Italian.)

For the set, there’s a cocktail drink named Lovers Concerto. There’s a tinge of sourness in the sweet drink representing the little quarrels even in a perfect relationship. The chicken soup with mushroom that was served with garlic bread has a name called, “Sea of Love”. For the main course, they have linguine al cartoccio (Spaghetti in light spicy tomato sauce with scallops, squid, mussel and prawns). This dish has a name specially created for the Lovers meal, called “Against All Odds”. And for dessert, it’s the famous tiramisu with the special name, “The love we share”.

“Wow! What a feast! The food certainly looks great! I’ve been here so many times yet I’ve never heard of such a meal.” Tammie smiled as she started eating.

“Ted and his great ideas! I hope there won’t be any more heart attacks for me.” Thoughts ran through Ralph’s mind.

Tammie and Ralph finished their main dish and was about to start their dessert, Jeff came in with a bouquet of lilies and a violinist behind him. Ralph nearly choked on his food.

The violinist was playing the Happy Birthday song on his violin.

“Miss Ashford, Mr Paris specially arranged for us to bring you this. Happy Birthday!”

“Thank You!” Tammie said as she took over the flowers.

“Enjoy your desserts.” Jeff bowed and left the room with the violinist.

“How did you know it’s my birthday?” Tammie has the widest smile on her face.

“Well, Peace told me about it. Happy Birthday.” Ralph said and continued to eat his tiramisu.

“Thank You! I’m so touched. I thought no one remembers. I was so busy that even I forgot that it’s my birthday today.”

Putting down the flowers on the table, Tammie poked her fork into the tiramisu and felt something hard in the cake. She cut the cake into half using her fork and a roll up piece of paper was revealed.

Ralph saw and immediately, he thought, “What’s that again?”

Tammie slowly unwrap it.
---------------
Yes, I know you are dying to know what's inside that paper. BUT good stuff are worth waiting! This is already the 3rd last episode, hang in there, we have almost reach the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!