Story of US - 9th episode!

(9)
“Yes, speaking.” Renee’s heart was beating as somehow she senses a feeling of uneasiness.

“This is Alice and I’m calling from Carson Hospital. Do you happen to know a gentleman by the name of Fernando Scarborough?”

“Yes, he is my friend. May I know your reason for calling?” Renee could feel that her heart got stuck in the throat now.

“Could you kindly make your way here? Mr Scarborough got into a car accident and broke his left leg. The doctor just did an operation on him. However he is still unconscious at the moment.”

Renee phoned Angie and together with Jim, they made their way to Carson Hospital.

Fernando lay unconscious when they reached.

“Which one of you is Miss Renee?” A nurse walked in with a bouquet of flowers.

“She is the one.” Angie stood up and let the nurse pass.

“Miss Renee, I’m Alice, the one who made the phone call to you. Mr Scarborough was holding on to these flowers when he was being sent in. We found your name on the card and checked on his cell phone for your contact number.”

“Miss, is his condition serious?” Jim asked.

“His condition is stable now. However the doctor is still putting him on observation and is unsure how long he would remain unconscious.” The nurse replied and left the room.

On the card, it wrote, “Dear Renee, it is going to be a year since Freddie left us. I know you may never get over him just like I can never accept the fact that my beloved brother has left me to join Mum in heaven. We both miss him; however we must carry on with our lives. I think Freddie would be glad to see us do so. I know that no one can replace him in your heart. It is ok to me, I’ve never intend to take his place. All I want is just a chance to take care of you and Ted; I would treat him like my own. Allow me to love the both of you together with Freddie’s undying love. Would you marry me?”

After reading the card, Renee broke down.

“Fernando, I can sense your love for me. Don’t leave me like Frederick did. Our child needs you and I need you too. All these while, my love for Frederick has kept me from confessing to you that I’ve fallen for you. Please wake up!”

“Get a hold on yourself, Renee. Fernando will wake up soon. Don’t worry, girl. We’ll stay here with you till he does. Hush now.” Angie hugged Renee as she consoled her.

Evening came.

“Hey! Fernando’s hands just moved.” Jim woke the girls up.

“Is he awake?” Renee rushed from the sofa to Fernando’s bedside.

“His eyes are twitching too!” Angie exclaimed.

“My flowers!” Fernando shouted as all of a sudden, he sat up on the bed.

The 3 of them were startled and jumped in their seats.

“Fernando! You have finally waked up!” Renee broke into tears as she clung onto him.

“Fernando, do you have to scare us like this?” Jim joked.

“We’re glad you are ok.” Angie said.

“Fernando, promise me you would not leave me like Frederick did.” Renee looked into Fernando’s eyes and then hugged Fernando.

“I promise I won’t.” Fernando replied and kissed Renee on her forehead.

15th Mar 1978

Almost a year after Frederick passed away, Fernando and Renee got married on Frederick birthday with his blessings from above.

Their child, Ted was exactly two months old on their wedding.

“I am glad that you found happiness once more!” Angie hugs Renee with tears in her eyes as she speaks.

“Angie, thanks for staying by my side all these while. I wouldn’t have made it without your support.” Renee has tears rolling down her cheeks too.

“Ladies, time to go. Fernando and Renee need a break after a long day.” Jim was carrying James in one hand and placed his other hand around Angie’s waist.

Back in Hartford’s Pub, everyone was listening attentively as Jim tells the story.

“Ted, the day your parents got married, everyone was so happy for them! Finally, Fernando’s efforts paid off.” Jim smiled at Fernando and Renee.

“Dad, what about the bike? Tell us how you feel when you first saw them before your eyes.” Jim interrupted.

“It’s the best birthday gift I ever received. I thought the idea of owning a Harley Davidson bike would just remain a dream forever.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!