Story of US - 21st episode!

“Ted, I heard that you were called into Mr Dave’s office this afternoon.” Joy asked as they were walking home after work.

“Well, he told me that a few visitors complained about me.” Came Ted’s reply.

“How could that be possible? You were like the friendliest Zoo assistant. What kind of complaints were they like?” Joy asked with a concerned look on her face.

“Mr Dave didn’t really say much about the complaints though.”

“Oh, then did he say more?” Joy sounded worried now.

“He said maybe I should consider improving my work attitude or he has no choice but to ask me to leave.” Ted said and gave a long sigh.

“But Ted, you have been doing well. Should we get our colleagues to help you put in a word or two?” stopping in her pace, Joy turned and looked at Ted.

“ha-ha! Gotcha!” Ted laughed out loud as he held onto his tummy. “I can’t continue anymore. Your serious looks…”

“What is it, Ted? You were lying, right?”

“Well, yes. ha-ha” Ted said and continued laughing.

“How dare you!” Joy said and continued walking on.

“Hey! I was just pulling your leg. You are angry?” Ted stopped his laughter and chased after Joy.

Joy continued to walk even faster.

“Ok, Joy. I’m sorry. Don’t be angry, will you?” Ted said as he caught up with her.

“Who gave you the permission to pull my leg? And you think I am such a petty person?” Joy turned and sticks her tongue at Ted.

“So tell me, what did Mr Dave ask you in for?”

“Of course it is something good!” Ted said with a big grin on his face.

“Stop keeping me in suspense. Out with it, Ted!” Joy said and hits Ted’s hand.

“Mr Dave said he was planning to start a mini animal show and let the dogs lead the show. He wants to know if I am interested in becoming a dog trainer.”

“Oh really! That is great! You would be able to do a good job, Ted!”

“You think I should take up the offer?”

“Well, why not?”

“As you know, I am just a part timer here. I still have to juggle between school and my basketball training. I am not sure if I still have time to become a dog trainer. There is a lot of commitment to be make.” Ted explained.

“Ted, don’t look so disappointed. I am sure if you really want it, you would be able to do something about your time management. Or you can tell Mr Dave about your concerns and see what he can suggest to you? He seems like a reasonable person.”

“Ok! Maybe that is what I should do. First thing when I report to work tomorrow, I would talk to him about it. Thanks for the advice!”

“No problem at all. You owe me a treat then. First, for the advice and second, it’s your punishment for fooling me earlier on.”

“Wow! I didn’t know you are so good in getting free lunch!”

Ted and Joy continued their walk home, bickering almost non-stop.

“Hey Joy!”

“You looked happy, so what did Mr Dave said?”

“He said the training would be during my working hours, so I can rest my mind about not having enough time for other activities.”

“See, I told you. Now don’t forget you owe me a treat, Mr Dog Trainer to be!”

“But…”

“But what?” Joy asked.

“Mr Dave said I would need to have an assistant for the dog show. This person is to undergo training together with me.”

“That is good. At least you have someone to train with you and it won’t be so boring after all.” Joy smiled.

“So, who is this other lucky guy?”

“Well, Mr Dave leaves the choice to me. He lets me choose my own assistant. I was wondering if someone is willing to take up the offer I am about to give her.” Ted showed a cheeky smile.

“ME? Are you saying that you want me to be your assistant?” Joy asked excitedly.

“I can tell Mr Dave that I want you to be my assistant on one condition.”

“What is it?”

“Take away the lunch I owe you!” grinned Ted.

“Hey Ted! You are such a miser!”

“I am just kidding. I didn’t tell Mr Dave yet as I was worried you might not take up the challenge.”

“Of course I want! Now I can be a step closer to having my own dog.”

“So you have thought of having a dog too?”

“I would love to. But Mummy and Agnes are so afraid of dogs. So I didn’t insist on rearing one at home.” Joy sulked.

“Oh, I see. Don’t look so sad. Give me a smile! Now you don’t just own one dog. You can have as much as you want to!”

“Yes! I am so excited about it. I shall ask my family to come to the Zoo when we hold our first show!”

“Joy, that’s still a long way. I heard Mr Dave said we need at least half a year to achieve our dog trainer certificate. After that, we still need a couple of months to train the dogs.”

“I know. But I just can’t help getting excited over it. I shall tell them over dinner tonight!” Joy showed a big grin as she fantasized in her own world.

“How about thinking of today lunch first? Let’s get back to work now. It’s feeding time!”

“Don’t worry, I am not a big eater. So I won’t burn a hole in your pocket.” Joy smiled as she ran after Ted who was heading to the kitchen where they prepared the animals’ food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!