Story of US - 24th episode!

“Honey, would you please bring the kids down first? I’ll explain to you later on. Let me have a good talk with Ralph.”

“Mummy, Daddy’s right. Let him talk to Ralph. Let’s go down.” Agnes said as she shoved everyone out of the room.

“What could it be? Both of them looked so serious when we entered the room just now.” Angie couldn’t help worrying as the rest settled down at the dining table.

“Aunt Angie, it is all about me, I guess.” Naomi said, lowering her head and looking down at the table.

“What is it about?” James asked.

“Ralph and Keane had a misunderstanding.” Naomi told the story of what happened on that fateful night once more.

“Why did you keep it to yourself, Naomi? You could have told me about it. You’ve suffered, my poor girl.” Angie said with tears in her eyes as she hugged Naomi in her arms.

“Aunt Angie, I didn’t want you to be worried about me. I have no intentions to pursue the matter further. But Ralph…”

“You are a strong girl, Naomi.” Joy said as she held Naomi’s hands in hers.

“Don’t worry about that, Naomi. Daddy would be able to talk some sense into that rock brain of your brother. The way he behaved goes to show how much he cares for you too. I would have killed Keane if the same thing happened to my sisters.” James said.

“So Naomi had told you folks about what has happened?” Jim asked as he walked down with Ralph following behind him.

“Yes. Sit down hubby. Ralph, you take a seat too. Let me tell you a story.” Angie said.

“Once upon a time, there was this monk and his disciple who were on their way to town. As they reached the river banks, they saw a young lady. It rained heavily the night before and the bridge was washed away by the strong currents. The bridge was the only way anyone could cross the river. “Miss, are you planning to cross the river?” asked the monk. “Yes, but I have a phobia for water.” The lady replied. “If you don’t mind, I can carry you on my back and cross the river.” With the young lady’s consent, the monk carried her and crossed the river. The river water was of knees’ level. After they have crossed the river, the monk and his disciple proceed to make their way to town. Along the way, the disciple did not speak a single work and being a wise man, the monk could feel that his disciple was troubled. “Something seemed to be troubling you, boy. Tell me about it.” “Since you asked, master, I shall speak my views. You have been teaching us morals of being clean. But you jumped at the chance of having physical contact with the female species when you saw that young lady by the river. Aren’t your teachings and actions contradicting?” “My dear boy, I have put down the lady after we crossed the river. Why are you still carrying her all the way till here? I guess the tiredness makes you frustrated.”

“Does anyone of you understand the moral of this story that I’ve just said?” Angie asked keeping her eyes fixed on Ralph.

“Aunt Angie, are you trying to tell me something?” Ralph asked.

“Ralph, you are just like the disciple in the story while Naomi is the monk. She has let go of the whole matter yet you are brooding over it. There are a lot of things in this world that we have no control over. I am sure Naomi doesn’t feel good seeing your troubled face over what has happened. Until you have learned to let go, you would never be happy, Ralph. I know given your characteristic, it is not easy. However, you have to try, for Naomi’s sake and for your own good. Go and think about it.” Angie said as she stood up.

“Everyone get to bed now. It’s late.” Angie instructed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!