Story of US - 30th episode!

“What did you tell my Mum just now?” Joy asked as they boarded the bus.

“I said it was a secret. Since it’s a secret, I can’t tell you.” Ted grinned.

“You are so secretive today! Forget it if you are not telling. How long would it take for us to reach where we are going?”

“It’s just a 15 minutes ride. However, we might have to walk home later.” Ted replied, still as secretive.

“Why?” Joy gave a puzzled look.

“You would know in awhile.”

“Halliburton Animal Farm? Are we seeking some expert advice for our dog show next month?” Joy asked as they alighted from the bus.

“Follow me.” Ted gestured.

“Hi Mr Brown! I was the one over the phone with you. Mr Dave recommended me here. This is my friend, Joy.” Ted led Joy into the general office and behind the desk sat a plump friendly looking middle aged guy.

“Hi Ted! Hi Joy! Over here please.”

Mr Brown is the founder of Halliburton Animal Farm (HAF). HAF takes in abandoned animals and helps to find new owners for them.

“Ted, I heard from Dave that you are a zoo assistant and has just completed your dog trainer course. I supposed you should be quite familiar with dogs, do you mind going around and take a look yourself? I need to attend to some urgent matters first.”

“No problem at all, Mr Brown. Go ahead and get busy. I would inform you once I have made my choice.” Ted said.

“Choice? Do we need new dogs for training in the Zoo, Ted?” Joy asked.

“No, Joy. It’s for us, didn’t you mention that you wanted to own a dog. I know this may not be the most suitable place or a romantic one. However, it doesn’t mean I’m any less sincere than I should be. Would you be willing to be my girlfriend?” Ted asked with his eyes looking straight into Joy.

“Does it mean if I reject you, then we would not be getting a dog today?” Joy asked.

“Erm.. I..” Ted starts to stutter.

“I’m just kidding; let’s look around for our dog then.” Joy said and walked ahead.

“So it means you agreed?” Ted asked in an excited tone.

Joy turned and flashed her usual angelic smile with a tinge of cheekiness, she replied, “No, I merely didn’t disagree.”

After hearing Joy’s reply, Ted stepped forward and held Joy’s hand.

Joy said, “Make sure you hold them tight for the rest of your life.”

“I promise I would never let go.”

“Look at him, Ted!” Joy stopped in front of the display window of a 3 months old golden retriever.

“Look at the way he sleeps.” Ted said.

“Hi Ted! Have you decided?” Mr Brown came back to attend to them.

Ted looked at Joy and they both nodded.

“Are you sure you are taking this golden retriever? I wouldn’t recommend him for first timer. You do know he can grow up to a big size?” Mr Brown questioned.

“Don’t worry, Mr Brown. We would care for him and promise not to let him come to harm.” Ted replied firmly.

“I’ll take your words for that, Ted. On the account of Dave and that both of you just went through dog trainers course, I shall make an exception. Come with me to the office and make the necessary arrangements and you can bring him home right away!” Mr Brown said as he led them to his office once more.

“Ted, what shall we name him?” Joy asked as she stroked the puppy that Ted was carrying.

“Any names you have in mind?” Ted asked.

“How about Ricardo?”

“Not a bad idea. Ok, let’s call him Ricardo!”

Joy stopped in her pace and asked, “Where are we supposed to keep him? Mummy and Agnes are afraid of dogs!”

“Don’t worry about that, Joy. I’ve told Dad and Mum about it. They agreed to let me keep him. However, he needs to spend the night on my bed tonight.” Ted said.

“Maybe he don’t need to. Let’s go shop for his bed and food right now!” Joy exclaimed.

“Now? You do know we need to walk at least 45 minutes to reach Hartford’s Pub. And if we are going to get to Stuart Mall, we need to walk for one and a half hour.”

“Com’on, we can do it. Surely, you have the stamina to walk that long.”

“Joy, you are sure about this?”

“Yes, sir. Stop grumbling like an old man and start walking.” Joy got behind Ted and pushed him.
------------------------------
Now that afew couples have been introduced in this story. Maybe my dear readers would want to vote for their fave couple? So who else would end up with who & is their current status gona be permanent? Do you want to noe more? Keep following the story! Give me your comments, good or bad, I'll be pleased to receive them! (^^.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!