Story of US - 29th episode!

“George, stand in for me tonight. I’m not feeling well.” Ralph said.

“Are you ok, Ralph?” Naomi asked.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine after some rest.”

George has joined the Paris siblings in performing at Hartford’s Pub. On nights when he was free from martial arts training, he would make his appearance as the guest organist. With regular interactions with Naomi, he found himself falling in love with her.

However, when he plucked up his courage and confessed to Naomi, he was being rejected. Naomi told him that she is not ready for a relationship right now; all she wants is to concentrate on her studies. She said she would only want to consider a relationship after graduating from Uni. George didn’t want to force her, so he said he would wait till she is ready.

“James, give me a jug of beer.” Ralph sat down at the bar.

“Beer? The performance is starting.” James said.

“I told them I am taking a break tonight. Naomi and George would be performing.”

“Are you ok?” James asked as he placed the beer in front of Ralph.

“I’ll be fine tomorrow morning after I get knock out by this beer tonight.” Ralph said as he gulps down the whole jug.

After having a few more jugs, a drunken Ralph walked up to the stage during the break.

He took the microphone and spoke in his drunken state, “Yesterday, I heard the worse news I ever had.” Pausing for awhile, Ralph continued, “The girl I like has got herself a boyfriend!”

George and James rushed forward and helped Ralph down the stage. As they were about to carry Ralph up the stairs, they bumped into Agnes who has just returned from her date with Aaron.

Upon seeing Agnes, Ralph started to speak, “Agnes, I like you!” Right after that, Ralph fell into a deep sleep.

After the incident, Agnes avoided direct contact with Ralph whenever she can. She does not dislike him, she just do not know how to face him. Ralph on the other hand, do not remember what exactly happened and no one ever told him that he has confessed to Agnes on that night.

*****************************

“Aren’t you excited, Ted? We are finally able to hold our first animal show next month!” Joy was smiling all the way home after Mr Dave told them the good news.

“Of course, our efforts paid off!” Ted said.

Ted was accompanying Joy home, when they reached the doorstep, Ted asked. “Joy, since we are not working tomorrow, would you be free to go to a place with me?”

“Sure, but where?” Joy asked.

“It’s a secret. I’ll meet you here tomorrow at 10am!” Ted smiled. “Go in and take a good rest now.”

“So secretive. Ok, good night and take care! See you tomorrow!” Joy said and walked through the front door of Hartford’s Pub.

The next morning, a high spirited Ted went Hartford’s Pub to meet Joy.

“Good Morning, Aunt Angie!” Ted greeted as he stepped in.

“What brings you here so early, Ted?”

“The nice aroma of this coffee you are brewing.” Ted said.

“You talk just like Frederick. Opps, I didn’t mean that. I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry, Ted.” Angie and Jim have tried their best not to mention Frederick’s name in front of the Scarborough’s family so as not to remind them of their loss.

“It’s ok, Aunt Angie. Dad and Mum have always mention to me how much I resemble my birth dad.” Ted flashed his smile.

“I’m not late, am I?” Joy asked as she made her way down.

“I’m early and was having a casual chat with Aunt Angie.”

“Are we having breakfast before we go?” asked Joy.

“Sure, Aunt Angie would be disappointed if we don’t.”

“The two of you are going out?” Angie asked.

“Yup, he said he needs me to go somewhere with him but refuses to tell me where.” Joy said as she settled down for her breakfast.

“Take your time, children. Don’t gobble your food.” Angie said with her usual motherly tone.

After finishing their breakfast, Ted and Joy stood up, getting ready to leave.

“Bye, Aunt Angie! Thanks for the nice breakfast!”

“So, the two of you are together?” Angie asked.

“Mummy, no. I’m just accompanying him somewhere.” Joy said and walked toward the door.

Ted turned and whispered to Angie, “We are not together now, Aunt Angie. But later, maybe.”

Seeing that Ted was not following, Joy turned and asked, “What are the two of you talking about?”

“Hmm..it’s a secret between us. Aunt Angie, right?” Ted winked at Angie.
---------------------------------
Where on earth is Ted bringing Joy to? What goes on from here? I bet you want to know, right? Come on back tml to find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!