Story of US - 22th episode!

Soon it was time to knock off. As usual, Ted sent Joy back to Hartford’s Pub.

“Mum, how come you are here?” Ted was surprised to see Renee when he stepped in.

“Aunt Angie invites me over for dinner. Had a hard day, boy?” Renee smiled.

“Yes, Ted. I forgot to ask Joy to inform you.” Angie said as she walked out from the kitchen.

“Thank God I needed to use the washroom or I would normally just send Joy to the doorstep. Oh, where’s Dad?”

“He went for some old friends’ dinner gathering after sending me here, he will be here to pick us later.” Renee showed a blissful smile.

After getting married for 20 years, Fernando and Renee are still as loving as before. Respecting each other and having communication a compulsory thing to do keep their relationship strong and going. From family to friends or to work, they have never argued a single time. Fernando is the principle of Walter University and Renee has been helping him out as the law consultant.

“Everyone, I have some good news for you!” Joy announced as everyone settled down for dinner.

“What is it, Joy?” asked Jim.

“Mr Dave, who is our supervisor at the Zoo, has just offered to let us undergo training to become the first dog trainers in Herbert Zoo!”

“Dogs!” Angie and Agnes gave the same response.

“Hey, that’s cool!” James said.

“I didn’t hear you say anything about it, Ted.” Renee raised an eyebrow.

“Mum, actually we just got the confirmation today. And this little girl was so excited since morning.”

“Does it mean that you have to work longer hours then?” Jim asked with a concerned look on his face.

“Don’t worry about it, Daddy. The training would be during our normal working hours, which is only during the weekends and as and when we are free from school.”

“Joy, you sure it would not affect your studies? We agreed to let you work part time in the Zoo given the condition that you would be able to juggle your school and work well.” Angie questioned.

“Mummy, I would keep my promise. Trust me.” Joy replied with an assured smile.

“I do hope you would.” Angie sighed.

“Angie, just let them be.” Renee rested her hand on her best friend’s shoulder.

Ted and Joy started their training the following week with their family well wishes. Ted would meet up with Joy at Hartford’s Pub for breakfast every weekend before heading off for their training.

“How do you find the training so far?” Ted asked Joy on their way home after work.

“Interesting, there’re so much things to learn!”

“Yeah! It certainly isn’t easy to be a dog trainer.”

“But I think we are doing quite well. Don’t you think so?” Joy showed a confident smile.

“Are you always that optimistic and confident?”

“Shouldn’t everyone be? If we have a pessimistic and low confidence self, we would easily be hit down by obstacles. I believe everyone can achieve great things. It’s just that a lot of us do not have the courage to outdo ourselves. We always feel that we are not up to it, we can’t do this and that without even trying it most of the times. For me, when I am into something, I’ll tell myself I would give it the best shot! Only by doing so, I would not live life in regrets!”

“Wow! Well said! Now I understand why you won the title of the favorite colleague from me since you started working.” Ted was amazed by what Joy just said.

“Wait a minute, Ted. What title were you talking about?”

“You have not heard of it? We have this informal thing going around between the Zoo assistants. I used to be the favorite colleague among us. Everyone loves to hang around with me and shared their problems with me as they said I was a good listener. However, since you joined us, I found out that they prefer to talk to you more instead. Now I understand why. Simply because you are not just a good listener, you give good advice.”

“So you mean you are jealous?” Joy teased.

“Hey! I am a guy of big heart; I don’t get jealous over such trivial matters.”

“Hmm, I can only see you have got a wide chest. As for your heart, maybe you have to cut your chest open to prove it.”

“No need for that. Haven’t you heard people said that your heart is as big as your fist? Just look at mine, I can be sure my heart is bigger than yours!” Ted said as he clenched his fist and showed Joy.

“But there is no scientific proof that it’s true.”

“You don’t just base on science for a lot of things, you know? There are a lot of things in this universe that can’t be explained by science.”

“I just know you always have a lot of theories up your sleeve. Most of them don’t make sense.” Joy laughed.

“You mean I am talking nonsense? Those theories I’ve said are logical ones, ok?”

“Hey look! It’s the ice-cream man! Whoever gets there last will have to give a treat.” Joy said and sprinted off.

“Uncle, can I have all the flavors but yam?” Joy placed her order upon reaching the ice-cream man.

“Uncle… I want all the flavors… but not yam.” Ted was panting when he reached. “You run so fast!”

“I am the slowest runner among my siblings. Ralph and Agnes are both athletics in the track and field school team. You don’t eat yam either?”

“Yah, I don’t really like the taste.” Replied Ted as he tried to catch his breath.

“So do I. I thought you were in the school basketball team. Why are you so breathless after such a short distance?”

“That was like 400m sprint we just did. Basketball players don’t sprint, we run on the court and we can catch our breath when we stop to aim for the basket.”

“When is your match coming up? I would like to take a look.” Joy asked as she took over the ice cream from the uncle.

“I heard my captain said that we would be playing against Marvel Uni at the Halliburton Basketball Affiliation next month. I would inform you of the details once the match is confirmed.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!