Story of US - 17th episode!

Hey, you group of loyal readers who come back every night just to read my latest episode. You're lucky tonight! At 10:00pm, I'm posting my story. First, I'm too tired to stay up late tonight.(I really stayed up till midnight to wait for the auspicious hour each night.) Second, I'm going for a workshop after work tml. So here you go, Story of US - 17th episode!

(17)
“Ralph, enough! I thought I have settled the dispute between the two of you? Aren’t you supposed to be on peaceful terms?” Jim stood between the two tall guys who looked as if they are going to start a fight right there and then.

“For Uncle Jim’s sake, I am not going to argue with you tonight! I have been giving in to you. Don’t push your luck too far, Ralph!”

The expression on George’s face seems like there was steam coming out from his ears. His face was burning hot.

“Uncle Jim, I shall take my leave first. Bye!” With that, George left Hartford’s Pub.

“Don’t ever show your face again!” Ralph shouted after George who had stepped out of Hartford’s Pub.

The next day, Naomi finished school and saw George outside Martin JC.
“Naomi!”

“Hi George! How come you are here?”

“I was waiting for you.”

“For me? Is there anything I can do for you?”

“Besides being able to sing so well, do you happen to play any instruments?”

Naomi gave George a puzzled look.

“Well, I was just wondering if you can teach me.” George explained.

“Are you bothered by what my brother said last night? If he has offended you with his words, I apologize on his behalf.”

“Naomi, you don’t need to. I don’t deny that his words are painful to my ears. But he’s right. Other than fighting with my hands, I do not know what else to do with it. Are you in a hurry? If not, can we find a place to talk?”

“You are lucky, my extra lessons were cancelled. So I have two hours to spare.” Naomi replied with a smile.

“That’s great! I know of a café nearby. It is just around the corner, we can make our way there.” George said as he led the way.

“Eagle’s Café, this is a popular hangout place for Martin’s students. The cheesecakes that they sell taste nice. You come here often?” asked Naomi as they entered the café.

“Yah, I like the atmosphere here. I would normally come here in the night, especially when I am feeling down.”

“I see. During our study breaks, I would come with a few of my friends and do our revision here.” Naomi said as she settled down.

“What would you like to have? I shall go place the orders first.”

“A Mocha Frappuccino for me. Thanks! Let me give you the money.” Naomi turned and started to dig her bag for her purse.

“Naomi, the treat is on me.” George smiled. “Any cheesecake to go along?”

“That wouldn’t be nice, George.”

“Well, just treat it as an apology for Emily.” George said.

“I have gotten over that. As for you, don’t bring it to heart anymore. Anyway, you have nothing to do with this either.”

“Ok. We shall not talk about this. Then let me give my new found friend a treat, surely you won’t have any objections to it?”

George showed a sincere smile on his face. After awhile, George returned with their drinks.

“You like Oreo cheesecake too?” Naomi asked when she saw what was on the tray.

“It just looks quite tempting when I saw them in the fridge while I was ordering the drinks. We can share them.”

“So you were saying you want to learn how to play musical instruments? Actually, my strength is in singing. My brother knows more about all kinds of instruments.”

“I think if I approach him to teach me, we would on end up fighting.” George said jokingly.

“Yah, I can predict that too.” Naomi smiled. “I can teach you to play the organ if you want, as that is the only thing I know.”

“That would be fine. As long as I can learn new things to make my hands useful.”

“However, there is a problem.”

“Your brother?” asked George.

“Well, Ralph is just a minor problem. I can always find a way to keep this from him. It’s just that, to learn how to play an organ, we need to have one first. There is one in Hartford’s Pub, but you know we can’t do our practice there.”

“Don’t worry! We can always buy one. Since I want to learn, I would fork out the money for it. But I know nuts about choosing one.”

“That is not a problem. I can always go with you to buy. So everything is settled then. We just have to arrange our time for the lessons.”

“Which means you agree to be my teacher?” George looks like a little boy who just heard that he is getting a new toy form his parents.

“Teacher makes me sound old. Let’s just say we’re learning the organ together.”

“Naomi, you are indeed a very nice girl. I am glad I can get to know you.” George smiled as he took a sip of his ice latte.

-----------------------------
Would Naomi & George commence their lessons successfully? Come back tml and you'll know! Tomorrow would be the last character's introduction. She is the soul character of my story. Why? Even if you finished this whole story, you probably wouldn't know either. I'll let you know why this weekend. Be sure to tune in this weekend! (^^.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!