Story of US - 25th episode!

“Hi George! Hi Keane!” Ralph greeted as he walked past them on the corridor.

“You heard him? Or my ears are playing tricks on me?” Keane nudged George.

“Yes, I’m equally shocked.” George turned around and looked at Ralph as he made his way to the lecture hall.

After school, George was waiting outside Martin’s JC. Naomi has called and arranged to go shopping for his organ.

“Hi George! Have you been waiting for long?” Naomi smiled as she walked towards the school gate.

“I just reached. Did anything happen at home?” George asked.

“Nope. Why? You looked worried.”

“Ralph greeted Keane and me in school today.” George explained.

“He did?” Naomi gave a surprised look.

“Yes. Keane and I stood rooted to the ground, not knowing how to react.”

“That’s weird. But I would find out more when I get home. Let’s go to Stuart Mall now.”

“Ok. Let’s grab a bite first when we reached there. I’m famished!”

Upon reaching Stuart Mall, George and Naomi headed for McDonalds to fill up their hungry stomach. After lunch, they went up to Yamaha Music School and choose an organ for George.

“Take a look at this, George. It looks cool!”

“Yeah! What’s the difference between this two?” George was amazed at the different type of organ on sale.

“Hi folks! What a coincidence.”

Someone tapped on their shoulders; George and Naomi turned their backs and saw Ralph smiling at them.

“Ralph, I’m sorry I lie to you about my extra lessons. I didn’t mean to, I promise I’ll never do it again. Let’s go home right away.” Naomi started to explain.

“Hold it! I saw the two of you looking around at the organ. Aren’t you here to buy one? Why are you in a hurry to leave then?” Ralph asked.

“Ralph, you are not angry at me anymore?” George asked.

“Aunt Angie woke me to my senses last night. I do not want to continue living my life in hate.” Ralph smiled. “So what makes you want to buy an organ, martial guy?”

“You were right about me. Other than fighting, I do not know what else to use my hands for. I decided that I should learn to make my hands useful. That’s why I asked Naomi to teach me. So we are here to get one in order for us to get our lessons going.” George said.

“Well, you should have asked an expert to come with you. Naomi knows how to play the organ well. But in choosing one, she still has a lot to learn.” Ralph puts his hands around George’s shoulders. “You have any budget in mind?”

“Not really, just a simple one will do. I don’t know how long my interest will last anyway.”

“Yah, the same pair of hands is sometime useful only for certain things.”

Naomi watched as the Ralph showed George around and explained to him the different types of organ and their functions.

“Ralph, thanks for helping me to choose my organ. I shall make a move first. Thanks Naomi! You’ll call me again for the lessons, yah? See you folks at Hartford!” George waved good bye and walked off with his organ.

“I saw you smiling all the way. What’s so funny?” Ralph asked as he poked Naomi.

“I am so happy to see you put down your hate, Ralph. There seems to be a bright glow on your face now. After the incident, I have never seen the kind of expression you had when we were at Yamaha earlier on.”

“All these are making my hair stands on their ends! But I should apologize for making you bear with my temper all these while. So, when are you going to start the organ lessons with George?”

“Not sure yet, I have to check my classes schedule against his martial arts training sessions.”

“Ask him to leave his organ at home for practicing. Come over to Hartford’s Pub for his lessons. Anytime you encounter problems, I’ll be there to guide you. Uncle Jim would love to have him there too.”

“Thanks, Ralph!” Naomi smiled and hugged her brother.

As the sun sets, the Paris siblings walked home with smiles on their faces for the different reasons only they know for themselves.

“You are learning fast, George.”

This is the fifth lesson Naomi was having with George at Hartford’s Pub.

“All thanks to a great teacher like you, Naomi.” George replied with a smile.

“Maybe after a few more lessons, we can let you play a song or two in our performance.”

“That is a good idea. Come on, kids. Have some butter cookies freshly baked.” Angie said as she brought over the cookies.

“I hope I would not wreck the business here.” George joked.

“Just do more practice at home, George. I can see that you are quite a fast learner.” Ralph said.

Ralph has just come back from school with Joy. Both of them have just finished their meeting at the song composing club.

“Yah, maybe soon enough, Ralph and I can start composing songs by combing both guitar and organ for the melody. And who knows, the three of you can form a band in Hartford’s Pub.” Joy chipped in.

“I think that would bring some fresh entertainment to our patrons.” Angie smiled.

“I am glad that I took up organ. Though it’s just a few lessons, every time I’m at it, my heart feels at peace. It’s a better form of stress reliever than punching and kicking around during my martial arts training. Ralph, it was you who enlighten me with your words.” George said.

“Nah, I didn’t do anything much. I was just venting my anger at you the other time. Shall not disturb your lesson, I’m going off for my shower. You’ll be staying here tonight for the performance?” Ralph asked.

“Yup.”

“So, talk to you later!” With that, Ralph went up the stairs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!