Story of US - 12th episode!

*Edited by my eng teacher, Qiqi* Thanks, Little Princess!

(12)
Keane told George about the birthday celebration for Veronica and what happened on that night.

Just when he finished his story, someone shouted, “The lecturer is here!”

“I would not let this matter rest, watch your back!” Ralph hissed and ran off in the other direction.

“That coward! I won’t let him off either.” Keane said as he rubbed his wounded cheek.

While having dinner on the night of the fight…

“Emily, we need to talk.” George said.

“Yes, darling. You sound serious.” Emily replied.

“This afternoon, a guy came over to our lecture hall and bashed Keane up.” George started.

“What happened?” Emily asked, concentrating on eating her fish and chips.

“That guy said that Keane raped his sister.”

“That’s not a surprise, darling. Your buddy, Keane is a playboy.” replied Emily as she took a sip of her champagne.

“I know Keane is a playboy, but I believe he is not that kind of person!” George said, gritting his teeth.

“Cool down, darling! Not as if I was the one being raped, why are you so agitated?”

“You still have the cheek to ask me why? Because my own girlfriend is the mastermind behind all these!” George shouted.

“What nonsense is that? Don’t embarrass yourself here, George!” Emily hissed.

It was a high class restaurant that they were in and everyone was looking at them by now.

“Keane told me the whole story. What do you have to say?” demanded George.

“It’s no big deal, ok? Keane keeps pestering Veronica and we just want to teach him a lesson. As for that girl, she just has herself to blame for being too naïve and trusting people easily.” Emily replied in a nonchalant tone.

“I can’t love a girl like you, let’s break up!” With that, George stomped out of the restaurant.

Emily sat there letting her tears flowed. She was too stunned for words. Things happened too fast. Some students from Walter were at the restaurant they were in and saw the whole incident. Rumors said Emily ordered a bottle of red wine and drank from the bottle. She left the restaurant only when it was closing. No one knows where she went after that. Emily woke up the next day and found herself sleeping in a heap of rubbish at the back alley of TGIF Pub. Since then, Veronica and Tammie noticed a complete change in Emily. She no longer cracks jokes, hang around in pubs on Ladies’ Night or talk non-stop anymore. All day long, she shuts herself up in her room after school and only comes out for dinner before shutting herself in once more. Her family and friends were worried, but there was nothing they could do.

“Hi! You must be Naomi.” George waited outside Martin’s JC the next day after he broke off with Emily.

“Yes, I am. But I don’t think I know you.” Naomi replied and kept a distance.
(First she was just violated by Keane not long ago. Second, George is the most well-built character in my story and Naomi being the youngest character and a petite girl felt intimated by his tall figure.)

“Emily is my girlfriend, or I should say my ex-girlfriend. I am here to apologize on her behalf. I am sorry that she did such an evil thing to an innocent girl like you.” George gave a 90-degree bow as he finished his sentence.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? HAVEN’T YOU DONE ENOUGH HARM TO MY SISTER?” Ralph ran and stood in front of Naomi as he pushed George aside.

“Hey, listen to me…” George grabbed Ralph’s hand when he turned to leave in the other direction.

“Let go of my hand before I turn nasty!” Ralph snapped.

“I know Emily did a terrible thing to Naomi. I have already broken off with her. However, I need to let you know that Keane is innocent. He may be a playboy, but he’s not one of them. Keane was being set up.”

“I don’t care who you are with or who set this up. The fact is my sister was being humiliated and I can’t take that lying down!” Ralph shouted.

By now, many students from Martin’s JC were already surrounding them and watching the whole commotion.

Pulling Naomi’s hand, Ralph hissed “Let’s go!”

Back at Hartford’s Pub…

“Ralph, that guy outside my school doesn’t look like a bad guy.” Naomi mumbled.

“Naomi, a bad guy won’t have the words I am a bad guy written on their forehead. Don’t be silly, ok? I told you before Keane was up to no good, yet you ignored my advice. Now, look at what happened?” reprimanded Ralph.

Naomi silently turned to prepare the stage for the night's performance. Ralph and Naomi were orphans. They worked part time at Hartford’s Pub for a living.

Their parents left enough money for their education and the fact that Ralph entered Walter Uni with a scholarship made their burden much lighter.

Softening the tone of his voice, Ralph said, “Naomi, I don’t mean to shout at you. You’re the world to me, everything I have now since daddy and mummy left. I’m sorry I didn’t do my best in protecting you. I promise never to let you out of my sight anymore. No one can ever hurt you once more.”

“It’s my fault for not listening to you in the first place, I’m sorry too, Ralph!” Naomi cried as Ralph held her in his arms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!