Story of US - 35th episode!

First, let me apologize to my readers for the super late post. As informed by the spy in my house, I was playing mahjong last nite. The game ended @ 1.30am and I was too tired to publish the story. Sorry, folks! To make up for it, I'm publishing my 36th episode earlier today. Enjoy the story!
----------------------
“Agnes, I had enough! The way you control my life is making me breathless! Let’s stay away from each other for the time being to reconsider our relationship.” Aaron was frustrated. This was the 100th time Agnes was following him after school.

“I was worried that you might be seeing another girl and sure enough I caught the two of you, didn’t I?” Agnes insisted on her own viewpoints.

“How many times do I need to tell you that we are merely carrying out coach’s instructions to source new supplies for our champion league jerseys? That is how much you trust me, isn’t it?” Aaron was going around to different sports suppliers with the captain for the female school team when Agnes went up and slapped the girl.

“Yes, you went out to source for supplies. But what would happen after that? The next stop would be a hotel, right? You can go out with other team mates to source too, why only the two of you?” After Joy’s departure, Agnes become more temperamental and has been following Aaron every other day as long as they are not going out.

“I really can’t stand your paranoid ways anymore, Agnes. Let’s break up!” Aaron said as he pulled Agnes’ hands off his arms.

*******************

Aaron ran off leaving Agnes standing on the spot in daze.

“Are you alright? Open the door, Agnes! Tell Mum what’s wrong.” Angie was knocking on Agnes’ door.
Agnes has locked herself up in the room since this afternoon. She could not take the fact that Aaron actually broke off with her. He meant the whole world to her, especially now that Joy was gone.

“Agnes, at least let us know you are ok. If not, we are going to knock the door down!” Jim was just as worried as he kept turning the doorknob.

“Just leave me alone, will you?” Agnes shouted in between sobs.

“Hey! Did Aaron bully you? I will get even with him for you! Come out and talk to us now!” James said as he banged hard on the door.

“I just want to be alone right now, will you please?” Agnes pleaded through the door.

“Aunt Angie, I think we should just let Agnes cool down first. She would come out soon. Don’t worry.” Naomi said.

The Reynolds family had no choice but to heed Naomi’s advice and went down to Hartford’s Pub. Sitting around the table, they could not help worrying. There were times when Agnes cries herself to sleep after having arguments with Aaron. However, she would never lock herself in the room. And Aaron would always appear soon enough after the quarrel to coax her. This time round, Aaron was nowhere to be seen and Agnes has been in her room the whole afternoon.

Angie stood up and said, “I think I better call Ted. He should be able to find out what happened.”

****************

“Aaron, I knew I can find you here! What happened between you and Agnes? Aunt Angie called me saying Agnes locked herself up in her room after school. She’s not taking her meals either.” Ted found Aaron at Coral Beach; where they would always go whenever they were bothered.

“I broke off with her this afternoon.” Aaron said as a drop of tear fell off the corner of his eye.

“Are you ok? You know Agnes’ character, is there really no way to resolve?” Ted placed his hand on Aaron’s shoulder.

“Ever since Joy left, no one can calm her down or talk to her anymore. She just wouldn’t listen to anyone. I can’t make her understand that I need my own privacy. She does get on my nerves at times. On top of all, she doesn’t trust me at all and have no confidence in our relationship. She is the first and only girl I love till now. I just had enough of her nonsense. I need a break! Maybe I am still not ready to commit in a relationship just yet. I think it is good for us to stay away for the moment too. I need to fully concentrate on my final year and the champion league is coming soon.” Aaron said as he stared into the horizon.

“I can feel that you still love her a lot but I understand your feelings right now. Well, I would let Aunt Angie know what happened. She is worried about Agnes.” Ted said.

*******************

Meanwhile, outside Agnes’ room, Ralph was playing on his guitar his self composed song, “Angel” Agnes loved this song and Ralph would always dedicate it to her during his performances at night whenever Agnes was feeling down.

[Angel]
Her heart aches for him
The love they once shared is lost
I saw her tears and felt her pain
It's a feeling I have had
Tastes bitter than bitter
What can I do to help her
Just how do I make her feel better
She's an angel fallen to earth
Now that she seems bruised
It's all because of him
If only anyone could turn back time
Don't ever let her meet him
She's an angel from above
Oh God! Are you still watching over her?
If so, please answer my prayers
Set her free
And let her love in peace
Give her the happiness she deserves

After Ralph finished the song, Agnes opened the door and stepped out.

“You finally decided to come out?” Ralph stood up and gave a gentle smile at Agnes.

Agnes hugged Ralph by the waist and sobbed in his chest, “Aaron broke off with me!”

“If crying can make you feel better and ease your pain, go ahead and cry your heart out.” Ralph said as he wrapped his arms around Agnes.
------------------
In alot of shows, you have seen how some guys finally managed to get together with the girls they like by just being there for them after a breakup. Would this be the case for Ralph? Some people may want that to happen and others may not. Read on to find out! In case, some readers start geting confused, pls note that the younger characters have grown up alittle and stepped into the working society in my next episode, except for Naomi who has went overseas for further studies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!