Story of US - 18th episode!

(18)
“Thanks for the treat and for sending me home.”

George walked Naomi back to Hartford’s Pub.

“You can contact me at this number anytime.” George said as he passed a note to Naomi.

“Ok. We still need to arrange a time to shop for your organ. Would you be coming for the performance tonight?”

“I would love to. But I need to be in school for my martial arts training. I would be coming here tomorrow night.”

“Ok. So I shall see you tomorrow! Be careful on your way back. Bye!”

“Yah, see you! Bye!”

George turned to leave and Naomi stood watching him walked off until he disappeared behind a turn.

“Hey, Naomi! Who was that big built guy who sent you home just now?” Agnes sneaked up from behind and tapped Naomi’s shoulders.

“Hi Agnes! You are back. I had coffee with George and he offered to send me home.”

“George, his name sounds familiar.”

Walking through the door, Jim was sweeping the floor.

“I heard George’s name. Is he here today?” Jim looked up.

“Daddy, you know this George?” asked a surprise Agnes. “I saw him walking Naomi home just now.”

“Yes, he is Ralph’s schoolmate and a friend of mine. He was here? Why didn’t he come in?”

“Uncle Jim, George said he is having martial arts training tonight. But he would be here tomorrow.” Naomi said.

Following closely behind Naomi, Agnes walked up the stairs to their bedroom.

“Wow! So this guy, George is in martial arts. Is he your new boyfriend?” Agnes asked with a cheeky look on her face.

“We are just friends, Agnes. By the way, can you do me a favor? Do not let Ralph know you saw George sending me home. There is some misunderstandings between the two of them.” Naomi said with a serious tone.

“Misunderstanding? Of what sort? Tell me more about it, Naomi.”

“Well, erm..I” Naomi looked down on the floor.

“Here, come into my room first.” Agnes pulled Naomi by her hands as she heard Ralph’s voice coming from below.

“WHAT! How come they do such a thing to you? The Vogel sisters are notorious but I didn’t know they would make you their victim!” Agnes was furious when Naomi told her everything that happened on the night she went for Veronica’s birthday celebration.

“Agnes, forget it. Cool down first. George came looking for my brother wanting to explain things to him. Uncle Jim sort of helped to settle the matter. I know Ralph is merely giving Uncle Jim face; he has not got over the whole thing.”

“Naomi, it’s not just Ralph. Even I can’t take it lying down either! They are too much! How could you forgive them so easily? I shall get even with them for you!”

“Agnes, promise me you won’t do anything about this. I have moved on with my life. What’s over is over, no point brooding over it.”

“I can’t believe it, Naomi. Being kind to these people is being cruel to yourself! But since you insist, I would respect your decision. So this George is that friend of Keane. I think you better stay away from him too. I bet he is no better than Keane. He often ends up in the discipline master’s room for getting into fights in school. Just because he is big in size, he goes around bullying others.” Agnes showed a disgusted look.

“He seems like a pretty nice guy. Maybe there are some reasons as to why he got into fights. From what I can see, he is a very loyal friend. Maybe he did it because of his friends?” Naomi tried to defend George.

“You are just too kind like Joy, Naomi. Well, let’s just hope I am wrong about George. I’m going to take my shower first. See you at the dinner table!”

“Agnes!” Naomi shouted as Agnes went out of the room.

“Yes, my dear?” Agnes asked with her head popping in from the corridor.

“So you would help me to keep it from Ralph?”

“Well, I only saw you at the doorstep when I got home just now.” Agnes winked at Naomi.

---------------------------
What's going to happened next in the story? Interested to find out more? Read on & remember to come back often! (^^.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!