Story of US - 15th episode

(15)
“What are you doing here?” Ralph retorted. “And how did you find your way here? You followed us?”

“Ralph, I just need a chance to explain things.” George pleaded.

“Hey boys! What’s going on here?” Jim came over from the bar.

“Hi, Sir. My name is George. I came to look for Ralph. I need a word with him.” George explained.

“There’s nothing to talk about. Just get your ass out of here!” Ralph shouted and walked in the direction of the pub’s kitchen.

“Stop there, Ralph. Cool down first.” Jim said as he held Ralph back by holding onto his shoulders. “The two of you come into my office.”

On seeing the whole situation, Naomi ran towards them and asked Jim, “Uncle Jim, can I come with you? I am the reason for this.”

“Fine. Come in too.” Jim signaled for Naomi to follow.

“Ok, who wants to start first?” Jim said as he settled down in his chair.

“Sir, there’s a misunderstanding between Ralph and my friend, Keane. I need to explain things to Ralph.” George started.

“I told you I need no explanation from any of you.” Ralph said gritting his teeth.

“Ralph, why are you always so agitated? Just listen to what George has to say first, can’t you?” Jim reprimanded Ralph.

“His friend, Keane raped Naomi and his girlfriend is the mastermind! What else does he have to say?” Ralph said as he stood up and head for the door.

“Hold it, Ralph! This is a serious matter then.” Jim stood up and put his hands on the desk.

“Brother, show some respect to Uncle Jim. Please sit down.” Naomi ran over to hold Ralph’s arms.

“George, I supposed what Ralph said was true? If that is so, maybe you would like to tell us the reason you are here.” Jim said in a serious tone.

“Mr Jim, no doubt my friend, Keane humiliated Naomi and Emily, my ex girlfriend is the mastermind. However, Keane is an innocent party. He was drugged by Emily and her friends that caused him to lose control over his actions.” George explained the whole incident to Jim.

“Keane is a very good friend of yours? He is lucky to have a friend like you then.” Jim said and then turned to look at Ralph. “I understand how you feel. However, we must get things clear here. George maybe a friend to Keane and this Emily we are talking about, he was not involved in the whole incident. All that I can see here is a loyal friend who is helping to clear his friend’s name by all means.”

“What about Naomi? She doesn’t deserve all these!” Ralph said.
“Naomi, it must have been hard on you. You should have let us know, at least told Aunt Angie. She might have been able to do justice, like helping you to file a report. Do you need me to inform Aunt Angie for you?” Jim spoke in a gentle manner.

“Uncle Jim, I’ve decided to let this matter rest. I can only blame myself for letting things like these happened. If I have listened to Ralph, it would not have happened. However, I know that what done cannot be undone and life still goes on. The only thing is I might take a long time to start trusting other guys again.” Naomi replied.

“Ralph, hate can destroy a person. It doesn’t make yourself or people around you feel better. Naomi has let things go. Shouldn’t you as an older brother be more forgiving towards others and set an example for her?” Jim said calmly.

“But…” Ralph started.

Jim held out his palm and said, “No buts, my boy. Before you go and get ready for tonight performance, makes peace with George. Uncle Jim has never gone wrong in judging people, I can see that he is a nice guy.”

Though unwilling, Ralph still shakes George hands as Jim ordered.

Ralph left the room with Naomi and started off the performance.

Turning to George, Jim said “George, stay for the performance. These two siblings are great.”

---------------------------------
Would Ralph let everything goes just like that? Is George sincere in speaking up for Keane? What are the characters thinking and how would they go about in their next step? You know what to do, come back for more episodes of "Story of US"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!