Parents' Wish -- To Our Dear Child


Mum & Me!

People who are close to me more or less knows the conflicts I had with my Mum ever since Dad left us. I don't deny that our relationship was v.strained & the tots of leaving home had been on my mind each day at that critical period.

But all well ends well, as time goes on & I've grown to accept certain facts that can't be changed. I'm looking at our r/s from another perspective. I still love her!

And all along, whenever I spoke abt staying tgt in the future with my ex-gf(s), I've told them all the same thing. If u ever wana spend the rest of your life with me, u'll hafta be prepared to live with my mum too. Coz being her only son & eldest child, "traditional-minded" me feel that I would have to bring her in to live with me when I get my own nest. =)

Though Mum always said, "When you kids grow up & get married, pls move out so I can live on my own to enjoy my freedom. =)"

Okay, coming to another main point of this blog. I saw this ad in Today papers by SongHe Thai Fragrant Rice & finds it interesting. So, I'm sharing it with all my dear readers. Take some time to read though I noe similar articles have been circulating in the virtual world for ages.

Parents' Wish -- To Our Dear Child

On the day when you see us old, weak and weary ...
Have patience and try to understand us ...

If we get dirty when eating ...
if we cannot dress on our own ...
Please bear with us and remember the times we spent feeding you and dressing you up.

If, when we speak to you, we repeat the same things over and over again ...
do not interrupt us ... listen to us
When you were small, we had to read to you the same story a thousand and one times until you went to sleep.

When we do not want to have a shower, neither shame nor scold us ...
Remember when we had to chase you with your thousand excuses to get you to the shower?

When you see our ignorance of new technologies ...
help us navigate our way through those worldwide webs.

We taught you how to do so many things ...
to eat the right foods, to dress appropriately, to fight for your own rights ...
When at some moments we lose the memory or the thread of our conversation ...
let us have the necessary time to remember ...
and if we cannot, do not become nervous ...
as the most important thing is not our conversation,
but surely to be with you and to have you listening to us ...

If we ever do not feel like eating, do not force us.
We know well when we need to and when not to eat.

When our tired legs give way and do not allow us to walk without a cane
Lend us your hand the same way that we did when you tried your first faltering steps.

And when someday we say to you that we do not want to live anymore, that we want to die.
Do not get angry. Some day you will understand.
Try to understand that our age is not just lived but survived
(Upon reading this, tears welled up in my eyes & hands turned shaky as I thought of gma telling me, "Gma is so useless, have to depend on you kids for so many things. It's better I die early.")

Some day you will realize that, despite our mistakes,
We always wanted the best for you
And we tried to prepare the way for you.

You must not feel sad, angry nor ashamed for having us near you.
Instead, try to understand us and help us like we did when you were young.

Help us to walk ...
Help us to live the rest of our life with love and dignity.

We will pay you with a smile and by the immense love
we have always had for you in our hearts.

We love you, child.
Mom and Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!