This is for MY DAD!

Yes, u didn't read the title wrongly.
(That is if u even look @ my entry's title.)
Yesterday was Father's Day & many years back, I think we do celebrate it.

It's only when I wana blog abt dad den I realized we didn't take much photos tgt.
Oh, well. It's okay den. It's nt his looks that I wana share with u folks 2nite.

Those who have know me LONG enough, know very well how much I've hated him till his deathbed. For those who didn't, it's over; no point saying much either. However, no matter how much I've hated him, I have to admit I've learnt quite a fair bit from him for the 21yrs I was with him.


He was a v.strict dad & in our younger days, wat he said always count. No1 is to say a 2nd word. He used 2 set a time for afternoon nap on Sundays & everyone is to go slp tgt. (We used 2 live in a 2room flat, so we shared 1 bedrm.) It was only years ltr I realized y didn't I get tired during mon classes. It was all those naps he forced us to take.

He loved a woman & she was the only woman he loved all his life. Though his love was expressed in some wrong ways, I've learnt frm him 2b faithful & loyal to 1. A real man shld always put his partner b4 him. Nt much men nwadays give their FULL salaries to their wives & only take $200 a mth as his allowance.

He was not highly educated, therefore failed to express himself well with words. Bt his actions said it all. We used to get sardined & hafta Q for long hrs @ the customs whenever we're heading back to Gpa's hse. Dad's temper was nt v.gd 2 begin with. He got even hot-tempered e'time we cross the customs. Most of the times, mum ended up quarrelling with him as he "pushed" his way through while "forcing" us ahead. If we were able 2c it from anor viewpt, he merely was like a mother hen protecting its chicks from the predator. He didn't want us 2b suffocated by the overwhelming crowd.

When having meals outside, he never allowed us to take soft drinks. We have failed 2 understand y & mum wld always buy for us whenever dad's nt joining us. In time to come, we started to dread eating with dad. Once more, we didn't see the fact tt he was trying to keep his kids healthy by staying sugar free. Diabetics is a BIG headache.

I cld go on for days & nights on the big & small, good & bad things he did bt I guess it wld just bore u folks.

Last but nt least, I need to thx him for letting his beating comes down HARD on me. Nt forgetting the last 2 punches on my chest which turned my dislike for him into hate. Had his blows didn't come that heavy, I wld have nv learnt 2b strong. It has prepared me well to take his role & responsibility in protecting my mum & sisters after he has passed on. When u become the only man left in the household, u juz gt 2b strong physically, mentally & emotionally.

I noe if he was still alive, perhaps I wld still hate him. We wld still be quarrelling over every little thing & I'll prob be staying out late from Fri-Sun juz to avoid seeing him. Bt nw tt he's gone, thinking back, he was a good dad. He may not be a dad whom I wld go ard telling e'one hw gd he is/was, bt he's definitely one I have started to respect him for wat he has did in the past. Etg happens for a reason & I think he has his v.gd reasons for the things he did. He juz didn't noe hw to express them better or give clearer explaination. Or mb, I have nv given him a chance 2 do so. . .

“爸爸,不管你现在身在何处,祝你父亲节快乐!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!