Story of Us - Debut

As promised, the long awaited story. I truly hope when the story comes to an end, it would not disappoint my readers as you have waited for long. Enjoy reading! (^^.)

P/S: My English is Pte Ltd co. one. I write better in Chinese, but for the sake of easier reading(most of my readers eat potato), I wrote an English story. So, pardon me for the grammer mistakes and limited vocabulary. =)

(1)
25th December 1998– It was James’ 21st birthday.

The Reynolds family held a mini birthday celebration and invited the Scarborough family over.

“Hi James! This is a little gift from us.” Ted smiled and passed the small paper bag to James.

“Thank You, Ted! Can I open it now?”

“James, that’s not very nice.” Angie looked at James and shakes her head.

“It’s ok, Angie. Just let him be.” Renee walked over and hugged her best friend for years.

“Wow! It’s an Adidas sports watch! Must have cost a bomb!” James eyes widen as he took out the watch.

“Ted said you are in the Track & Field team, so I think this watch suits you.” Fernando said.

“Thank You, Uncle Fernando, Aunt Renee and Ted! I like it!”

“Fernando, we invited your family to celebrate Christmas and my son’s birthday, you do not need to buy present at all.” Jim said.

“Uncle Jim, this is a happy occasion. Daddy always look to share, you know that. He got Christmas gifts for everyone.” Ted started taking out the presents and passed to his parents.

“Joy, Agnes, Mummy picked these especially for you! Everything in here comes in pairs.” Ted gave the twins a Chip and Dale gift box.

“Chip and Dale! So cute!” The two sisters exclaimed at once.

“The box is chosen by me. You know why it’s Chip and Dale?” Ted asked.

“Why?” asked the Reynolds family.

“Wow! What a united response! Anyway, Chip and Dale represents Joy and Agnes. These two chipmunks are similar yet different. If Chip wasn’t of a darker color and has only one front tooth instead of two, you might not know he’s Chip. And if Dale do not have a red nose, you can’t differentiate him from Chip. Just like Joy and Agnes, the two of you look just like each other. However, your character is totally different.” Ted smiled seeming proud of his own explanation for choosing the gift box.

“Oh!” said the Reynolds family all at once.

“Angie, here’s your Christmas gift.” Renee handed Angie a nicely wrapped present.

“What is it?” Angie wondered out loud as she cautiously unwrap the gift. “Oh! Recipe books! For cakes, pies, biscuits and so many other little snacks. Thank You, Renee! You know me best.”

“Aunt Angie, actually mum has a motive for that. She wants you to try out these recipes, so the next time we drop by Hartford, she can eat those snacks!” Ted joked.

“Well, that’s ok. Your mum is my best friend, Hartford’s Pub welcome her everyday!”

“Jim, this is for you.” Fernando walked over and gave Jim his present.

“A Harley Davidson leather jacket! Well, I may not be the one wearing this after today.” Jim said.

“How come?” Fernando was stunned.

“Let me first present a little gift to my dear son who has finally reached his 21st birthday.” Jim took out a small gift box from his pocket. “James, Happy Birthday!”

Taking over the gift box from his father, James opened the box and in it is a key.

“Daddy, is this the key to your Harley Davidson bike?”

“Yes, my boy. Your mum and I think it’s time I pass down the bike to you. First, you have got your bike license and secondly, I’m getting old. Your mum is worried about my safety whenever I’m out on the bike. Anyway, I stayed in Hartford almost 24 hrs a day. I don’t have much use for it either.”

“But Daddy, this is a birthday gift from Uncle Frederick! Aren’t you worried that I would damage it?”

“Have faith in yourself, son!”

“Thank You, Daddy!” James hugged Jim tight.

“Ok, let’s dig in before the food turns cold.” Angie interrupted.

“Time flies, it have been 21 years since Frederick left us.” Fernando has a tinge of sorrow in his eyes.

“Hubby, Frederick would not want to see you this way.” Renee held Fernando’s hand as she speaks.

“Daddy, how was Uncle Frederick like?” James asked.

“Fred is what I called him. We were best friends since elementary school. Everything we do, we do them together. Even being attached with the girls of our dreams, we had a meeting to carry out our plans on the same day.” A faded smile shows on Jim’s face as he recalled the past.

“How? You never told us how Mummy and you got together.” Agnes whined.

“Your Uncle Frederick can be considered my benefactor for bringing your Mummy and I together. Had it not been for him and the carnival, I might have missed the girl of my dreams.”

“Adding up our ages would hit 100 soon, still say girl? Should change to woman now.” Angie chuckled.

“You are forever young in my eyes, honey.” Jim put his arms around Angie and kissed her cheek.

“Brrr… It’s getting cold in here!” James said jokingly.

“Daddy, tell us more!” Agnes urged.

“Let me see how much this failing memory of mine can remember, this is how it all started…” Jim sits back and rubs his forehead as he starts his story.

Comments

MiZuKi said…
Yeah...at last your story has published. Hmm...can I have a small request to have the characters to be introduct before the story start? Hee...I trying to figure out who are the kids parent.

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!