Story of US - 4th episode!

Have tried to reduce the length of the story. (^^.) Enjoy!

(4)
“How are things getting on between Jim and you? Seem like you are keeping a lot of things from me, Angie.” Renee continued her questioning as they stepped out of Parker Tertiary.

“Like what I have told you, we are just classmates. The most, we are just friends.” Angie replied.

“We have been friends for so long. I can see that you have feelings for him. From the way, you speak up for him and the way your eyes sparkle every time he appears. Maybe you don’t even know it yourself. Don’t you feel yourself being happier nowadays? Your drawings are so much more colorful and lively now and they are indicators of your own feelings. Love is a magical feeling that changes humans in one way or another. Sometimes, we do not even notice them ourselves.”

“Well, what more can I say? You are really my best friend and an observant one. I do realize that my drawings took a turn after I completed my drawing of the Harley Davidson bike for Jim. He is a cheerful person and very humorous. With him around, I can never find a reason for myself to be unhappy. Jim brought alot of happiness into my life. However, as of now, I am not sure of how we feel towards each other. He did not mention anything and I do not want to jeopardize our friendship either. Jim and I are still at the stage of getting to know each other better and I personally feel that it is good enough. Anyway, we are still students; I think we should place our studies in the first place.”

“Whatever you decided to, as long as you’re happy, I’ll support you all the way!.” Renee gave an acknowledging smile.

Frederick and Jim continued eating their lunch after the girls left.

“Why do you tell Angie more things than me?” Frederick suddenly popped the question.

“You are still bothered that I didn’t tell you about my plans of opening a pub?” Jim asked. “Given your character, I know you would offer me financial help to open a pub if I told you about that. That’s the last thing I ever want.”

“But I am your best friend and you have helped me so much over the years, there is nothing wrong with me wanting to help you financially?” Frederick gave a helpless expression.

“Pal, I am glad to have a good friend like you and appreciate that you wish to help. However, I want to be able to enjoy the satisfaction of realizing my dreams on my own. When that dream is realized, the kind of joy that I feel is beyond any words can describe.” Jim tried to explain to Frederick.

“Fine, I understand. You are just like my brother. Fernando wants to achieve everything with his own hands. He always rejects my dad’s help. Now I understand how dad feels when my brother says no.” Frederick said with sadness in his voice and looked down on the table.

“Pal, don’t be sad, ok? I promise that from now on, I would give you first hand information on anything about me.” Jim said and placed his hand on Frederick’s shoulder.

“It is not about that now. I am sad because Fernando and you make me seem so small. Both of you have great dreams and work hard to achieve them. As for me, I only know how to rely on my dad’s wealth to get what I want. I never have to worry about anything and don’t understand what hardship is. I feel like a bum, man.” Frederick sighed.

“You can do have great dreams and achieve them too, Fred! Your play is coming, remember? You have worked hard to earn the place of the first leading actor. Show us what you have on that day. Do us proud, pal! Who knows, you may just be our future star!” Jim said showing a big grin on his face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!