Story of US - 3rd episode!

I received comments that my episode is too long. So, I'll try to shorten the episode each day. Not by cutting down the content of my story. But divide them into more episodes. Mb my readers simply like to be keep in suspense! You would get what you ask for. BUT for those who have no idea yet, my story was original planned to end in 60 episodes. With the shorter episode each day, it might just take more than that! haha =)

(3)
“Renee, Jim told me that Frederick is performing in Parker Tertiary’s upcoming play. Do you want to come with us? Frederick said he could get us the best seats if we are going.” Angie asked as she sat down for lunch with Renee.

“That would be interesting. However, going with Jim and you wouldn’t make me a big light bulb?” Renee teased.

“I do not know what you are talking about, Renee.” Angie blushed.

“Look, you are blushing. You have fallen for Jim, don’t you?” Renee continued her teasing.

“We are just classmates. Don’t sprout nonsense.” Angie replied in a defensive tone.

“Ok, I don’t tease you anymore. So when is the play going to be?” Renee asked smilingly.

“Jim said it would be one of the Saturdays next month. Once I get the tickets, I would let you know. You are coming with us.” Angie demanded.

“Do I have a choice then? I guess both of you need a light to watch the play better.” Renee joked.

“Hey ladies! Can we share the table with you?” Frederick asked as he proceeds to sit down without waiting for an answer.

“You said we, then where is Jim?” asked Renee.

“He’s queuing up for our lunch at the western food stall.” Frederick said as he placed their stuff on the chair beside him and lay back on the chair.

“Why are you sitting here? Aren’t you going to queue with him?” Angie asked.

“Someone is not happy that you leave her poor Jim queuing for lunch alone.” Renee added.

“Renee!” Angie poked Renee.

“Oh, he lost the basketball game to me just now. So he has to queue up and treat me to lunch!” Frederick grinned.

“You are always bullying him. He has to work for his allowance while you get yours from home. What a friend.” Angie said with a displeased tone.

“I spent all my money this week. Don’t worry about that fellow. He’s a spendthrift, with lot of savings in his bank. Anyway, he was the one to suggest the lunch bet with me.” Frederick tried to defend himself.

“Yes, he has been saving alot. That is because he is going to open a Pub when he graduates!” Angie blurted out.

“How did you know that?” asked Renee and Frederick at the same time.

“Well, he told me about it.” Angie lowered her head as she answered their question.

“When was that? I didn’t even know a thing! Hey, what kind of buddy is he man!” Frederick folded his arms across his chest.

“Hey, folks! Am I missing something here?” Jim got back to the table with the food.

Renee and Frederick looked up at him while Angie looked down, not daring to look into his eyes.

“Is there anything on my face? Why are the two of you looking at me that way?” Jim asked as he sat down.

“Are we brothers, Jim?” Frederick asked with a cheeky tone as he placed his hands on Jim’s shoulders.

“Is this a trick question or something, Fred? You’re fishy!” Jim said as he pulled Frederick’s hands off.

“Are you keeping something from us?” Renee asked with a smile just as cheeky.

“I don’t even know what’s going on here man.” Jim said, even more puzzled than before.

Turning to Angie, he asked, “What is it with them, Angie?”

“Well, I told them about your idea of opening a pub after you graduate.” Angie replied helplessly.

“Oh, so it was that. I brought it up with Angie when we were doing our revision after school.” Jim said.

“How come I know nothing of it then?” Frederick grumbled.

“It is just a dream, no one would know if I would ever be able to do so anyway.” Jim replied in between bites of his lunch.

“Wait, you said you told Angie when you were revising after school. Just the two of you huh?” Renee asked.

“Yes, is there anything wrong with that?” Jim asked raising his eyebrow.

“Stop asking anymore questions, Renee. Let the guys eat their lunch and we need to get going. You said you need to get something from Stuart Mall right?” Angie stood up and pulled Renee’s arm.

“Ok. We shall do our interrogating separately, Renee. I leave Angie to you then.” Frederick said.

“You busybody!” Angie hits Frederick on his head with her Business Management book before leaving.

“Ouch! That hurts!” Frederick said rubbing his head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!