Pay Yourself First!

Pay Yourself First!
You have heard alot of financial advisor telling you that...
It simply means when you get your monthly salary, you take out a portion & save it...
Before u start planning your expenditure for the month..
For the money you have put aside earlier, treat that it never exists...
Don't touch it at all!

Okay, enough about that...
Coz the main motive is not to tell yourself how to save/spend $$...
Leave it to the experts to teach you...

I've been hearing alot of people saying, "I don't have time! Never enough to do my own stuff, spend time with family or go out with friends!"
Don't that sounds familiar?
If the theory of "Pay Yourself First" can be applied on $$, y not with time?

"HOW?!"
Yes, I heard you...
It's just a random thought I had while I was walking home after work...
Every month end, just like how we plan our next month $$ budget...
We should have a "Time Budget"!

For your reference, as to what I do...
Every month, my family set aside a day...
We named it, "Ohana Night" & it's compulsory for everyone to be at home...
Eat dinner, chat about our lives & do some activities tgt..
Actually, once a mth is consider v.little..
But it's better than nth...

Then, I have ALL my friends' b'days marked on my calendar...
I'll make sure, I leave afew days around their b'days free of all appts...
Most of the time, I would arrange with the rest of the clique...
To meet up & celebrate the b'day of our dearest friend...
I always believe, 有心什么都难不倒...

Most people when commented they have no time...
Are always busy with WORK, WORK & WORK!
I never believe in selling yourself to your career...
I used to stay for OTs & work like nobody business...
Then I complained with the majority saying I have no time for other things...
One of my colleagues told me this...
"Work can never be finished. If you can, perhaps the boss needs you no more."
Ever since then, I keep reminding myself to give the best shot I can & that's it...
Sometimes, you worked like a bull for your boss, they don't know or even care...

You neglected those who truly care...
Break their hearts when you fall sick coz you overworked...
Ask yourself, "Is it really worth all that?"
Of coz, different ppl will think/say differently...
However, to me, I would never sacrifice my own time to myself or time for my loved ones because of work...
If I die due to overworking, the company merely needs to hire a new staff...
My loved ones would live with the hurt for the rest of their lives...

So my dear readers, start planning your TIME budget now!
Have you marked a day to meet Ivan next month?
Do so now to avoid disappointments!
Appointments are on first come first serve basis.
Heez =P

2nd Mar - Meeting Chocolate Lover & 情妇 for b'fast...
8th Mar - KA's Day!
13th Mar - Serene's B'day!
14 - 16th Mar - A trip to Kota Tinggi with my family!
18th Mar - Ohana Night! 飞行侠's b'day!
21st Mar - 5G1U's Day!
21st - 23rd Mar - To Gpa's house & visit my relatives!

Comments

MiZuKi said…
*Erm* Hmm...did your calendar miss out someone birthday?
Summer Aeris said…
I wan to go kota tinggi too!!! cn ur car fit me??
Eagle Ivan said…
I'm so sorry, jie...
My car is full le leh..

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!