SDC's Retreat 2009!

On 12th Jan 2009, SDC had its yearly retreat!
It's Eagle Ivan's 1st company retreat ever.
Though it's only to our neighbouring country, Malaysia, I had a great time with my FUN colleagues!
The trip to Malacca was filled with fun, nice food & great scenery!


We were not supposed to take photos at the customs...
But we only realized after we took this. -_-"
Well, the sign was not obvious enough. Heez =P


1st stop after we cleared the customs - Taman Sentosa!


Buka 24 Jam = Open 24 hours.
Prata shop to fill our famished stomachs!
We gathered at 6.45am, ok?
Super hungry de loh!


My teh tarik with egg pratas!

While we wait, we photowhore!
My colleagues love taking photos just like me!

Henry & Vanessa!


James & Amy!


Ivan & Dave!

Den we skipped over next door whr the rest of our colleagues ate at this famous noodle stall.

From StarHub to SDC, we have the fate 2b colleagues once again.
1 of my buddies, Stanly!

Know what's the FAMOUS word in Singapore now?
Or rather, what is the other reason for Singaporeans to go Malaysia recently other than the cheap shopping lobangs?
It's NYONYA!
Due to the chn8 show, "Little Nyonya" which stars Jeanette Aw!

So, we were brought to this Nyonya Restaurant in Yong Peng.

They actually close on Monday.
Our retreat is on a Mon, I think they open specially for us.
Coz there weren't any other custs to be seen on that day either.
Nice friendly folks!


This calamari is super duper nice!
Snatched up in no time.
Vege - I didn't try. Heez =P


Wrap your own "hat"!
This is nice too!
Crunchy biscuit with juicy fillings!


Fu Rong egg was normal like any zi char stalls in Sg, fish was fresh though.


Their sambal prawns are SUPER DUPER spicy loh!
Not only I said that, my colleagues who can take spicy food said the same thing.
I didn't try the lady finger, but heard it's not v.well cooked.
Oh, we had chendol for desserts!
I told the auntie I dun want red beans! Heez =P
And she make one more for me after serving everyone le.
Ask & you shall get it.


Dave said, "U go back ur gpa hse like so many times a year & u're still taking photos of the scenery u've been seeing for so many years?"
Hello, ppl! I'm always the driver when I go back M'sia lah.
How to take photos?
Anyway, in case u folks didn't noe, I love photos of nature.
I feel an inner peace by looking at them. =)

After sitting in the coach for 3 hrs till ur butt hurts big time...

We finally reach Malacca!
It's call Jonker Walk - 鸡场街文化坊.


1 of the many temples in Jonker Walk.


Dave who took this photo said we're posers!

Now take a look at this!

Who's the poser, siaz?


Monkey King spotted!


Look! What's this?


Beautiful paintings!


See! The handmade Nyonya beaded shoes as featured in "Little Nyonya"


Another fave of mine - photo of old buildings!
So full of heritage!


Getting ready for our next stop after Jonker Walk!

We passed by the World Heritage City.


The fort!

Grand war ship!

I took this on a moving bus..
So admire myself for the steady hands. haha =P


Another shopping stop!
Here's where I bought a SUPER DUPER CHEAP adidas bball!


The final stop before we head back to JB.
The local products of Malacca.


The durian chendol here is quite famous.
I didn't try though.
Those who tried commented tt it's nice.

Final pit stop!

Before the feasting starts...

Look!
We have Class 95 DJ on the trip with us! haha =P

Either we were too hungry or the food was too good.
We finished them in no time.
And I was too hungry to stop & take any photos.
The chili crabs is quite normal though.
And they dun have BUNS!
OMG! Chili crabs shld go with buns!

It was 10.30pm when we reached SDC.
I zonked out the minute I got out of my shower.

It was a fulfilling trip though I didn't buy much.
Next year, I would be part of the organising committee for the retreat.
Coz after much perseverance, I'm finally an official member of WHP committee!
Hooray! v(^_^)o

I'm going to start being very busy from this year onwards.
WHP has become my CCA @ work, need to get involved in the activities soon.
If etg goes smoothly, I'll be starting sch in Jun/Jul 09.
And for personal life, I've found a new meaning to it.
Well, there's only 1 life, live it! \(^_^)/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!