Stories part 51 - 55

Part 51 - "Welcome back!"
Ice was greeted by pop crackers when she entered the farm house. She was all ready to wake Navi up and make a fuss over him not contacting her and picking her up. Who was to know Navi had prepared a welcome lunch for her together with Chelsea. She was caught by surprise. Happy that Navi had prepared a seafood feast, all her favourite dishes. But she was not quite pleased that he did it all with the help of Chelsea.

"Why do they seem so close and why would she be here? Extra outsider! Hmph!" Ice was hot with her thoughts.

"Hey! Why are you standing there in daze? Happy with my arrangement? Disappointed for not seeing me at the airport? Of course, I won't forget you, my dear friend!" Navi smiled.

Part 52 - Navi's big smile never fails to brighten up Ice's day. All her unhappiness melted with his sunshine like smile. Before Ice could question Navi about his one and only email, Navi started telling Ice about his life on Coral Island for the past few months.

"Chelsea and I were so busy with the Aero Claire project that we worked till past midnight every night. And poor us only have bread for dinner. Hardly have time for any other stuff. I wanted to email you so many a times but I was too tired once I reached home. Did you eat well over there, you seem to lose so much weight. I bet you didn't because you are just a workaholic like me."

Part 53 - Ice in turn said, "Oh, my Ligarto project went on well too. Yah, I was quite busy working and missed afew meals. But now, I'm back. Auntie Rene can cook up her nice dishes for me again. How I miss the food here when I was in UK."

"My cooking also not bad. Today dishes are prepared by me with the help of my 2 great teachers."

"2? I didn't know mum know how to cook." Ice was surprised.

"Nah, it's not Mrs Gnap. It's my mum and Chelsea. They were a great help. But mum left halfway to pick you up. So Chelsea helped alot in preparing these dishes."

Part 54 - On hearing that, Ice was mad. She stood up and excused herself.

"Sorry, I'm tired. I want to go back home and rest."

"Ice! Finish your dinner before you leave, Auntie Rene, Navi and Chelsea spent alot of time and effort in preparing it." Mr Gnap said with a stern voice.

Ice had always respect her dad and never disobey his orders. But somehow, this time, she was determined not to stay in the farmhouse for a second more. She knows something must be wrong with herself, but she had yet to figure out why. She walked faster than her feet could carry her and was disappear out of sight in a spilt second.

Part 55 - "Are you alright?" Navi knocked and entered Ice's room.

"I'm okay, just tired. Please leave the room right now!" Ice couldn't control her temper anymore.

"It's not just a matter of you being tired. I know something is wrong. We promised not to keep anything from each other, didn't we? We're the best pals, have you forgotten?" Navi continued.

"I'm really very tired after the long flight, please leave me alone. I'll be okay after a nap." Ice insisted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!