Words - Make or break! 言語 - 廉價的代價!


19/03/16 :-
Words - Make or break! 言語 - 廉價的代價!

Words which you said, can make or break somebody.
Sometimes, it is just for that moment.
Most of the times, it lasts for a lifetime.

From "Men are Lunatics, Women are Nuts", it was said that the average woman speaks around 5000 words per day whereas the average male speaks around 2000.

How many of those words do we actually remember?
How much do we prepare ourselves before speaking them?
More often than not, we do not remember what we said nor do we have any preparation before speaking them.

Yet, we neglect the effect it would have on the listener.
Throughout my life, I've heard many things which others have unintentionally spoken.
However, they have a deep impact on me till now.

As I have been motivated by the positive feedback and was disappointed at the negative comments given, as far as I can, I try my best to only speak of positive encouraging words to people around me now.

However, I am not a saint, I may have said stuff to people around me which makes them feel lousy about themselves too.
For that, I apologized for my abruptness or impulsiveness.
I do understand sometimes "Sorry" is not enough to undo the hurt caused either.

I've been there and done that.
Going forward, I would be more mindful of what I say.
May my readers ponder over what I said and most important of all, think twice or even thrice before you speak next time. =)

你的言語 - 基本上是廉價,但說出口後可能是要付出很大的代價!
偶爾,說出的話對他人只有暫時的影響。
大部分時候,它卻會跟著聽者一輩子。

採納 "Men are Lunatics, Women are Nuts",一般的女人平均一天說上5千個字,而男生是2千個字。

但是,這麼多字當中,我們記得的到底有多少?
在開口之前,我們又做了多少準備功夫?。
較多的時候,我們往往不記得自己說過的話。
更加無需說到底做了多少準備。

我們卻也忽略了聽者的感受。
这一生中,我聽過不少別人無意中說出的話語。
這些話,到如今也深深地影響著自己。

我曾被他人的表揚與讚賞鼓舞,也被他人的負面評語所傷害過。
所以,在我的能力範圍內,我都儘量只給予正面的言論。

只不過,我非聖人。或許,我也曾以言語傷害過其他人。
為此,我深感抱歉。
雖然,我也明白道歉有時不足以彌補所造成的傷害。

我不曾也是個過來人。

將來,我也會更注意自己的用詞。
希望與我的讀者共勉之,再開口以前,請一而再再而三地思考後才開口。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!