父愛 - A Dad's love!


28/03/16 :- 
父愛比較含蓄。
Fatherly love is more reserved.

He was not my hero.
I have never said I want to grow up to be like him.
I did not think he was someone I am proud of.
It was not even a love-hate relationship we had.

However, when he passed on, things slowly took a change.
The things he did and words he said, they slowly came back to me...

I start to ponder and at times, it brought me heartaches.

Recently, I was talking to a new friend on how he has nagged at Mum and me when Mum bought me my first hamster.
Then, not long after, he bought me a male one for the female hamster I had.
My friend's first reaction was, "That is his love for you. He loves you."

It has never dawn on me.
Such simple words, it strikes me.
Just like many always say, "Just because someone do not love you the want they do, it does not mean they don't."

他不是我的英雄。
我不曾說過長大後要跟他一樣。
我也沒以他為傲。
甚至,我們連愛恨關係都沒有。

但是,當他過世之後,事情開始改變了。
他做過的事,說過的話,一一浮現腦海。。。

我開始沉思,偶爾感覺到心酸。

最近與一位新朋友聊起他如何對母親與我碎碎念,就因為母親買了我生平的第一只倉鼠。
但是,父親卻在不久後買了隻雄倉鼠來給我的雌倉鼠作伴。
新朋友的第一個反應,“那是他表現的愛。他愛你。”

我從未如此想過。
多麼簡單的一句話,卻深深地打進我心裡。
這就是人們常說的,“就因為他人沒有以你要的方式愛你,不代表他們不愛你。”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!