Ming Bridges 乔 毓明 - Who Knows 谁知道

If you know me VERY WELL, then you would know 2 things about me when it comes to GOOD MUSIC.
No. 1 : I only buy CDs of singers whom I personally feel deserve my support because they make GOOD music! Those I can feel their love for music & how they devote all their efforts into making that WONDERFUL album!
My hard earned $$ definitely not going to be spent on CDs of those who simply want a share of the market or buy their own albums just to top the selling chart, where in some cases, their songs SUCK in my own opinion.

No. 2 : Once a singer becomes my idol, I would NEVER burn a copy of their CD(s) or even send you a single song from their album(s).
I had not just once but several times, bought extra copies of my own idols' CDs for friends who wanted me to burn a copy for them. Even for those who had just wanted 1 song, I rather buy them 1 album.

Even if they're going to burn 1,000 copies for many others from the one I bought for them, there's nothing I can do.
BUT I would not allow copies of my idols' albums to be done through me.
My 2 sisters were often warned; they can copy my songs to their PC/laptops AS LONG as the songs stayed within our hse.
They're not allowed to send to any of their friends.
I don't spot check on them, coz I gave them my trust.
Side note: If you had secretly done it behind my back, NEVER EVER admit it to me.
(Honesty gets you no good in this case here.)
Just tell yourself that you are never gona do it anymore & pls nv let me found out what you did.
Coz I hate to have trust & promises being broken.

I don't even send songs to my closest cousin, Xiong.
That's how much support I showed to my idols.

I admit I'm not someone who supports originality TOTALLY nor a hard core anti piracy person.
But when it comes to my own idols, I have STRONG principles.
Even if you are my crushes, there were no exceptions.

Okay, now coming back to the title : Ming Bridges 乔 毓明 - Who Knows 谁知道

My attention first fell on her when I heard the song, "有些男孩不能爱" by the perfect pair; music by 黄韵仁 & lyrics by my famous lyrics writer, 小寒.

Ming Bridges' voice captivated my soul, the lyrics were so heart wrenching.
The whole song is OH MY SO PERFECT!

However, I was skeptical at first.
Who is this girl?
Could she belong to the type of new comers who only have 1 nice song in a whole album of 10 songs?
(Anyway, Ming Bridges has 12 songs in her albumt.)

Then I started hearing more of her songs on Y.E.S FM 93.3; "Sweet Misfortune", "I Want You Back" & "马赛克世界".

Her voice is out of the world, one of her own, totally not similar to any of those I've heard.
(You know sometimes how 2 different singers or even a handful of them sound so alike, at times you can't tell who's who.)
Her special name makes me wonder how she looks like too as all I've heard is that she's a mixed blood.

Then I went on YouTube to see her videos/MVs.
Oh my! She totally rock me off my chair.
She doesn't look 19 at all & the powerful voice I've heard belong to someone with such an angelic face?
I couldn't believe my eyes & at the same time, can't take my eyes off her.

Then, I decided to buy her debut album.
Now that I had it in my hands & listening to it as I typed this, I have absolutely no regrets buying it.

As Ming Bridges is still trying very hard to improve her Mandarin, I guess that's the reason why there's only 3 Chinese songs in this CD.

But they were sung with her best efforts.
She even attempted to pen her first Chinese song with 小寒's aid for the song, "急转弯".
For a first timer, I would say it's a 80% grade song.

As you listen attentively to the whole album, your emotions go through a roller coaster ride with her.
Getting all emo & sad at one point & immediately felt that all's not lost at the next moment, then motivated by the encouraging lyrics in the songs.

Be it English or Chinese, soothing emotional songs or heart racing rock songs, Ming Bridges' voice won't let you down.

She's an upcoming star you can't neglect & Who Knows she might just be the second Stephanie Sun.
我想也没有一个十九岁的女生像她这样唱歌。。。
乔 毓明 - 一位不容忽视的新加坡混血儿新人!

The album is big!

How do you resist this face with the looks in her eyes?

It opens up like a book.

And tadah!
The CD is on the last page. =)

Her list of thank you to those people who makes this album possible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!