Hebe Tian 田馥甄 - To Hebe


Bought this album on 6th Sep 2010.
Immediately listened to it on the car journey home from 313@Somerset with CL & xy.

CL asked, "Do you think her songs in this album are nice?"
My reply to her, "If you ask me, I can't give you an honest answer. I like her, I would think her songs are nice."

That's my weak point & I know it. When I like someone, I'll support her all the way no matter what. When it comes to my idols, I insist on buying ORIGINAL CDs. I have strong principles too. No matter WHO you are, even if you are someone I'm going after, I would NEVER send you the songs by ripping from their CDs. =P

And for every album of my idols which I bought, I'll always make it a point to listen to the WHOLE CD for at least 3times.

The first round is to listen & find out what song genres are being recorded in the CD. Next is to listen to the song with the lyrics book in hand & follow through. For the 3rd time, I usually put on my ear piece & listened to the lyrics that flow with each beat of the song.

My first round was when I was driving in my car on a night with drizzling rain. Of course, it was not planned BUT I realized the kind of emotions that struck me was stronger when I listened to this CD in this unplanned environment/situation. It seems PERFECT.

Now for the review of this CD after saying so much. As a matter of fact, after the first round of "test" listening, I was a wee bit disappointed.

WHY?

Let me first ask you, what kind of songs do you listened on a night with drizzling rain?
Perhaps some of you listened to ROCK, HARD METAL songs on nights like this.

However, to me, a PERFECT CD to be listened on a night like this contains songs with jazz, slow music, even when it's rock, it has got to be soft rock. Yes, these are the songs you will find in Hebe's 1st solo album. There was no PEAK throughout, that's why I was disappointed.

But the songs, be it her voice, the lyrics or songs arrangement did not disappoint me a single bit. On a night when you need to listen to a CD with soothing songs to heal your broken heart or just to have a relaxing night before you sleep, this is the CD you should pick!

1) LOVE?
2) To Hebe
3) 离岛
4) 没有管理员的公寓
5) 我对不起我
6) 我想我不会爱你
7) 寂寞寂寞就好 <- YES FM93.3 第二主打歌 8) 你太猖狂 9) 超级玛丽 10) 给小孩 11) LOVE! <- YES FM93.3 第一主打歌

Since YES FM93.3 has already started playing songs no. 7 & 11 on their stations everyday, I shall not do anymore intro on them.

Looking at the lyrics book, I'm pretty confused on song no. 2 "To Hebe". I kept playing it on my winamp & even plug in my earpiece, take it out, then put it back again for afew times.

WHY? You may ask.

Coz only for this song, when it comes to the singer's part, they didn't write Hebe's name. Instead, they wrote 陈珊妮. Plus, the title was "To Hebe" & 陈珊妮 is Hebe's idol, so I was wondering if this song was sang by 陈珊妮 to Hebe.

It's either 1) they sound alike, 2) both of them sang in this song or 3) Hebe was the one who sings this song herself. Coz I really can't decide if the voice belongs to Hebe or 陈珊妮. Go buy the CD & listen for yourself.

I've always like 林夕's lyrics. The 1st time I listened to this CD, these 2 songs already caught my attention, "我对不起我" & "你太猖狂". So, I took a look at the lyrics book & true enough, these 2 songs were written by 林夕.

The other 2 songs which managed to attract my ears are "我想我不会爱你" & "给小孩". And I'm pretty amazed that I managed to guess the correct male singer for the song, "给小孩". It's Yoga, I think perhaps his voice is pretty unique too.

"超级玛丽" is a very cute song though I couldn't catch what the lyrics was trying to say when I listened to it the 1st time. When I look at the song book, the lyrics are indeed funny.

The 1st song, "LOVE?" & the last song, "LOVE!", is there a difference? You want to know?

Then what are you WAITING for? Go buy Hebe's album NOW!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!