Kor's 30th Birthday!

It's our beloved Kor's 30th birthday!!
And we planned a surprise party for him!
(In fact, it was da sao's idea lah.)
Location: Aqua Fauna Prawning Pond
Add: 11 Pasir Ris Farmway 1


The helpers in decorating the place.
The prawn owner must have thought it was some kid's b'day.


Posing with our work!

The food arrived when we were 1/2 way thru with the decorations...

It was so TEMPTING! v(o_o)v


I tried all but the vege & every dish tasted MARVELLOUS!


The birthday boy uncle with his family!


New way of making wish - keep your hands around the candles.
Only applicable to 30yrs & above ppl. =P
Kor has co-ordination problems.
He said he can't look up at the camera when he's cutting the cake.
(Mb it has sth to do with age too?)


The SUPER DUPER nice cake!
It's a tiramisu cake rich in RUM!!!
That's y it's nice.
I LOVE tiramisu with strong taste of rum!
But I think Qi don't quite like it. =)
In the small photo at the corner, u see our usual piece of art.
Food tastes nice when you share, it tastes even better when u snatch with ur family!


The main highlight of the day - Prawning!
(Wat else u expect @ a prawning pond?)
Then u BBQ your catch!
There were 68 prawns!
(da sao said for 15 rods we rented, 68 is very little.)
But the most impt thing is everyone has at least 1 catch!


Presenting the Best Kor award! =)


Qi said we looked like characters in Sesame Street! =P

da sao prepared prizes for the prawning competition!
Guess what?
I went home with the prizes for all 3 categories!! =)
From now on, pls call me the Prawn King (虾王)!
There were 3 categories:-
1) 1st prawn caught
2) Largest prawn caught
3) Most number of prawns caught


This is my 1st & also the largest prawn I caught!
The photo is not doing any justice to its size...


Our combined catch of the day!

Well, it'd been a very long time since I held a rod in my hand.
The feeling of a catch at the end of your rod brought back alot of memories.
Overall, it was a fun experience.
I used to love fishing alot & would always do so at the river in front of gpa's hse.
However, I stopped fishing completely after gma left us 8yrs ago.
Coz fishing has hence lost its meaning to me.
Gma make my 1st fishing rod, taught me to dig for earthworms & hooked them on...
The hobby that build up my patience overtime.
And now, no other fishing rod comes close in giving me the same feel in my hand ever again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!