Work hard first, enjoy life later! 先苦後甜!


09/01/2017 :-
Work hard first, enjoy life later! 
先苦後甜!

Still at my book, "Why We Want You To Be Rich" by Donald J.Trump and Robert T.Kiyosaki.
Chapter fourteen - What did you learn from your father?

There is the your response portion at the end of the chapter, so here goes...

My dad, he wasn't highly educated, thus he knows he needs to work harder than anyone else.
Direct translation of the Chinese characters means take the bitterness first before tasting the sweetness, Dad illustrated that to us since young by offering sweet after we have to take our medicine when we fall sick.

When I grow older and read a couple of self-motivation and self-improvement books, I realized Dad was actually practicing delay gratification, a skill mastered by many successful entrepreneurs.
If only he knows how to turn his skills into a career by passing down to those workers he was in charge of and learnt to control his temper, he would probably own the best home improvement company in Singapore.

I grow up learning, if I want something, I would have to work for it.
If I want good grades, I must put in efforts to study and when exams are over, school holidays would be here to enjoy!
If I want to go for a concert, I would need to work part time to save up the money for it.
(Though Dad was disappointed I spent so much on a concert.)
If I want to lose weight or keep fit, I need to control my diet and spend time to exercise right.
There are no short cuts to it, neither can you sit there and wait for things to happen.
The list goes on and on...

How about you?
What have you learnt from your Dad?

還在閱讀著我的書,唐納德·特朗普與羅伯特清崎著的《為何我們要你致富》。
第十四章 - 你從你父親的身上學到了甚麼?
文章的結尾有個自覺的部分,所以以下是我的想法。。。

我的父親學歷不高,所以他很清楚自己需要比一般人更勤勞。
父親第一次展現先苦後甜的概念給我們就是在我們生病需要吃藥時,在我們吃完藥時,遞糖果給我們。

長大後,讀了好幾本激勵與自我成長的書籍後才發現父親是在實行延遲享樂的動作,一項成功企業家必掌握的特質。
若當初,他曉得如何把自己的畢生技能傳承給他當時看管的員工並能夠收斂自己的脾氣,他或許就擁有全新加坡最棒的住家裝潢維修公司。

在父親的薰陶下,在我成長的過程中,我學會了想要得到就必須先懂得付出。
如果要考到好成績,就必須努力溫書,考完試後就能盡情放假玩樂!
如果要去看演唱會,就必須打兼職工,賺錢去買票。
(雖然父親對我花這麼多錢去看演唱會這一點還蠻失望的。)
如果想瘦身與保持健康體魄,就必須注重飲食,花時間做運動。
人生沒有捷徑,更沒有甚麼坐享其成。
還有好多列子可舉。。。

那麼你呢?
你從你父親身上學到了甚麼?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!