Follow your heart - Do Good!


29/07/13 :-
Charity and doing good needs no reason, spread your love!
做慈善行好事无需理由,将爱心传递!

This is the second time I'm shaving my hair for "Hair For Hope".
I have friends asking me, "Why do you choose to do that?" or "Why Cancer Foundation? Was it because of your dad?"

Do we really need a reason why we want to do charity?
To me, I don't see the need to.
I donate or help people who I feel worth my time or money.

My sisters and I grow up in a big extended family, we love to share and do things for people around us.
More than once, my sister told me whenever she changed to a new work environment, her colleagues would doubt her sincerity.
She loves to give little stuff to colleagues, like making brownies for all her colleagues on V-day, giving thank you cards to all her colleagues after a school event.

Same for me, the first year I entered SDC, I pack little goodies bags for Halloween and went to office early to paste it under the chairs of my closer colleagues.
As I love to bake, often my colleagues were make my guinea pigs.
Little cards can be found on my colleagues' keyboards as and when I feel they need a little boost.
There are people who doubt, "Hey! Is Ivan trying to get into boss' good books? Why did he give boss this?" or "How come he is willing to do that? Trying to get a promotion?"

Most people who are born and grow up in small nuclear families usually do not enjoy the act of share and give.
The society has also create an environment in which people tend to work for rewards; whatever they do, they seek to receive something in return.
Every effort made must not go down the drains, they want to be rewarded.

I hope everyone would strive towards giving without expecting anything in return.
Give with your heart and pay the love forward.
If you are really expecting something, as long as you are sincere in giving, you would be sure to receive true happiness! =)

Last but not least, if you have some extra cash to spare, kindly click here to make a donation to Children Cancer Foundation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!