30th Drama Anniversary Show!

I used to be a Channel 8 fan, never failing to catch all the 7pm and 9pm drama series.
(I still love Channel 8 shows, it's just that I don't have the luxury to watch TV everyday as one grow up with more responsibilities coming our way.)
Even when I was having exams during my primary and secondary school days, I would always negotiate with my dad for that 2 hours of TV.

He was a very strict dad who expect us to take afternoon naps on Sundays, sleep at 10pm every night, no drinking of soft drinks, etc.
My TV times were precious moments of my childhood.

Since I started watching Channel 8, there are 2 yearly shows which I would never missed; the Star Awards and President Star Charity.
For now, though I no longer chases the 7pm and 9pm drama series, I still mark my calendar in reminding myself to catch these 2 programmes every year.

Yesterday, Mediacorp celebrate their 30th Anniversary and I was completely hooked onto the TV for whole 3 hours.

80% of those drama theme songs they played, I could sing along with them.
Played back snippets of the past 30years drama shows were so familiar to me and some I could still remember how I felt while watching them back then.


This is the most touching scene - I almost teared!
The appearance of 陈美光 & 白言!


I was super duper excited at this scene too!
Why?
Because, they are. . .

陈秀环 - My all time fave ET!


沈金兴 - My dad look alike!

 
I enjoyed myself throughout the whole show, super love it!
Was laughing out loud 1/2 of the time and some parts were pretty touching.
It was wonderful seeing all the celebrities coming back like an alumni gathering.
The show brought back wonderful memories of my past 20+ years.
 
I love this show so much and that is why it totally pissed me off when I heard the judgemental/nonconstructive comments/complaints from 2 DJs this morning.
The female DJ is one whom I already super dislike for being unprofessional in a dedication programme she hosted many years back.

I didn't have good vibes towards the male DJ either.
My ex-gf likes him and when we were together, we even "fought" debate several times over whether he's a good DJ.
Now, after hearing their comments, it's up another level of displeasure!

Even if what they said about lip-syncing is true; to be able to lip-sync on a live programme, the organizer must have felt that you are up to it or at least has a pretty/handsome face to appear on TV and distract others hoping they would not notice.

That female DJ only know how to sing lame and crappy songs on air.
In my own opinion, is also the only female DJ of that station who can't be linked with the word, "pretty".
Yah, like how people around me said, "That DJ is just jealous!"
 
For that male DJ, you don't hear Mediacorp artistes commenting in their variety shows how the award ceremony organized by your station is just a pork distribution show for those who are free to give you face in attending the ceremony.
 
How much do you know about the hard work that was being put in for this 30th Drama Anniversary Show?!
 
At least, when they say Zoe Tay won the 婚纱女王 award, there were proof why she should win and there won't be debate that someone else should have receive that award.
Who would say Ann Kok should not have gotten the 最亮眼 award with that scene which is still stuck deeply in many of the viewers' minds?
 
At least, when Mediacorp said 最佳 in their Star Awards, there won't be 3 recipients for that award and sometimes most listeners don't even know who one/even two of the recipients is/are and his/her songs were not even played often on air.
 
I know you do not represent your station when you make those nonsensical comments which is why it is still my favourite Chinese Radio station for the time being.
However, it does confirm that my choice of switching to Kiss 92 FM for Maddy, Jason & Arnold in the morning was a smart one! v(^_^)o
 
I don't think I need a crappy programme to start off my morning with a bad note as I drive to work. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!