Subaru Challenge 2012!

27th Oct 2012 - Subaru Challenge 2012!
 
I was glad I picked a number ball at 10am.

An auspicious number as well.


Both Juli and I got numbered balls & they were the car bonnet positions.
I have pray for a bonnet position & I got my prayers answered!
 
She was at car 6 while I was at car 4.
We are given a 5mins break every 6hours.
 
When I saw her leaving at the 3rd break at 7am, which was 18hours into the challenge, it got a bit difficult to force myself to stay on.
 
At 20th hour & 22nd hour, I wanted to throw in the towel & just walk off.
But I told myself to stay at least till 24th hour, our next break.
And then, came Yasmine from Class 95.0, 1 of my fave DJs.
She was my motivation and so I forced myself to keep my palm on the car.
I must say when you have supporters/motivators around, you can push yourself a little more at times.
I have seen it happens to my fellow contestants and me.

The sun was burning hot for the whole Sun morning!
The heat on my body was bearable, all thanks to my suntanning experience.
I was at a black car & the car bonnet was absorbing the heat from the sun like nobody business.
By 10am, it feels like a BBQ hot plate!
Blister starts popping out; first the thumb, then the rest of my fingers.
Given my thin fragile skin, my body gave in at the 23rd hour as my palm could no longer withstand the heat.


This was how my palm looks like after 23hours.
Xiong said look like red hot chilli palm!


And the tanned + swollen feet.


All the endurance just for this! =P
Qiqi said, they should print & not hand write the cert mah.
The contestants tahan so long leh. *lol*


The best reward of the challenge other than the cert?
A well deserved tan! v(^_^)o

When they tell you, this is a mind over body challenge, it really is.
Just after 6-8 hours, my wrist was swollen due to lack of blood circulation, slowly it became numb.
The feeling was unbearable at first.
However, you just need to keep telling/psycho-ing yourself that you can do it, holding on is possible.

I know not what the rest who stayed on with swollen wrist told themselves, but the whole time I kept telling myself, "Just treat that this is no longer your wrist, you don't feel the pain or numbness, ignore it."
Somehow, it works. Slowly, I forgot the feeling of it.

Then the next morning came, the heat from the bonnet was even more unbearable.
I tried persuading myself to hold on but my mind was not strong enough.
I kept telling myself if I leave there & then, I would regret for the rest of my life and I must hold on till my targeted time of 60hours.
Somehow, my body just feel that it's time to let go when the timer hits 23hours into the challenge.

People asked if I would enter the challenge again next year; for now, when I could still remember the mental & physical challenge and is feeling the physical soreness all over, I would say most probably not.
However, come next year, I may give a different answer.
Probably, I would go implant something beneath my palm to insulate the heat. *lol*
Overall, it is really a great challenge to push yourself to the limit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!