What these 7 & 8 words taught me? 這7與8個詞句教了我甚麼?


Compassion, Wisdom, Pure Heart, Sincerity, Trust, Character, Courage

When I first got to know of the campaign to contribute Vitamin D to our healthcare professionals, I merely wanted to just contribute 1 bottle on my own.

However, it later turns out to be a total of 72 bottles my friends and I managed to contribute to the NCID staff.

I reflected on the whole process and asked myself, "What works for me such that I can garner the support of so many people?"

That's when I realized it was because of the 7 words above.

With the COMPASSION thought of merely wanted to do something for our front line healthcare professionals, it triggers me to seek my friends' contribution.

WISDOM of being able to draft a message that speaks to my friends and touch their compassion department as well to want to contribute.

I did it with a PURE HEART with the sole intention of wanting to do my little part in paying back to society.

Throughout the messaging process, I believe it was my SINCERITY which my friends can feel and decided to contribute as well.

It definitely has got to do with their TRUST level in me, when they decided to part with their money.

To build a CHARACTER, is not done overnight, I credit to my upbringing to my grandparents and parents whom taught me the importance of doing good deeds.

Last but not least, with all the above equipped, nothing would have happened with COURAGE to even send out the message.

Where did I get this courage from?
That brings me to 2 other 7 and 8 words which have been guiding my everyday life.

Some of you may have known, I went for a Leadership training course in 2019.
That would definitely be one of the biggest turning point in my life.

When I decided that I want to message my friends to ask for their contribution, was I scared?
Yes, I definitely am. The one thing I am most afraid of in my life other than death, is REJECTION.

So, I fully utilized what I have learnt from the training course last year, especially the magical phase -> _._._._.G.F.I.A => _____._____._____._____GO.FOR.IT.ANYWAY.

Reason why I am only revealing the last 4 words was because you need to experience the whole process yourself to be able to make full use of this phrase.
It is just like what people always say, do you want to pay money to go to a concert and hear the singers sing or do you want your friends who paid to go for the concert to come back and sing for you?
The effect is different, you would not feel the impact and the full phrase would not mean anything to you either.

Next 7 words phrase which is guiding my everyday life is non other than Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Being a believer in Nichiren Buddhism, I am chanting daily for the happiness of all living beings.
At the same time, I am the lionhearted disciple who possess the courage to do what my heart knows as the right thing.

It is no coincidence that I have included the core concepts of Nichiren Buddhism - Compassion, Courage and Wisdom in the beginning part of this post.

Buddhism accords with reason and our faith is reflected in our daily life.
I always believe how we do anything is how we do everything.

With a determined heart filled with compassion to do good, I would definitely bring forth the wisdom in me to find a way and carry it out with courage.

慈悲、智慧、真心、誠意、信任、人格、勇氣

當我一開始獲知有這項為我們的醫護人員貢獻維生素D的運動時,我本來想著自己貢獻一瓶就好了。

但到最後,我成功地與我的朋友共同貢獻了72瓶給新加坡國家傳染病中心的醫護人員。

我回想這整個事件並自問,“我是如何取得那麼多人的支持,是甚麼有效的方式?”

我領悟到是因為以上7個詞句。

出自於一份想要為醫護人員做點甚麼的慈悲,引發了我尋求朋友協助貢獻的舉動。

智慧編寫出能夠開啟朋友的慈悲部門的簡訊讓他們願意一同貢獻。

一顆想要回饋社會的真心

在發簡訊的過程,我相信是我的誠意打動了我的朋友讓他們也願意一同貢獻。

當然也少不了朋友對我的那一份信任,才能讓他們願意慷慨解囊。

要建立一個人的人格並非一朝一夕的事,我歸功於我的祖父母與父母從小就教導我們行善的重要性。

當然就算具備了以上所有的條件,少了發出簡訊的勇氣,甚麼事也不可能發生。

那麼我又是哪來的勇氣?
說到這,就要回歸一直伴隨著我的2句 7 與 8 個指導我每一天生活的詞句。

有一些人也許知道我在2019 報名參加了一個領導人訓練課程。
那絕對是我人生其中一大轉折點。

當我決定發簡訊給我朋友要求貢獻時,我害怕嗎?
當然,我確實很害怕。除了死亡之外,我最怕的就是被拒絕。

所以,我徹底運用了從課程學到的知識,尤其是那重要的一句 ->
 _._._._.G.F.I.A => _____._____._____._____GO.FOR.IT.ANYWAY => 不管他的做就對了。

(這並非官方的正確中文翻譯,是我自己聯想的。)

為何我選擇不把英文的所有8個詞彙都透露出來是因為你必須親自去體會整個過程才有能力充分發揮這8個字的精髓。
就好比人們常說的,你希望自己買票去聽專業歌手唱歌,還是讓你付費的朋友去聽了演唱會回來唱給你聽?
那個效果是不一樣的,你無法感受到那震撼力而這8個字對你也毫無意義。

接下來提到的另外7個每一天指導著我人生方向的字就是南無妙法蓮華經。

身為日連佛法的信徒,我們每一天都為著所有眾生的幸福唱題。
同時,身為持有獅子王之心的弟子,我擁有勇氣去執行內心覺得對的事。

我把日蓮佛法的核心概念 - 慈悲,勇氣與智慧放入這個部落文的前段並非巧合。

佛教符合理性,我們的信仰反映在我們的日常生活中。
我也深信,我們如何處理一件事的方式就是我們如何處理生活中的每一件大小事的方式。

帶著一顆想要行善的心,我一定能湧現出智慧找到方法並鼓起勇氣去執行。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!