Remembering Lee Kuan Yew : 16 Sep 1923 - 23 Mar 2015


23/03/15 :-

In the morning, I switched on my radio as usual and heard the news that our founder, Mr Lee Kuan Yew has passed away at 3.18am.

I could still hear my heart breaks.

On the day I heard the saddening news, I've wanted to blog this entry.
It took me almost a week to finally sit down to let the thoughts settle and allow my emotions to flow.

29/03/15 :-
During these 7 days of nation mourning, there were countless articles and tributes written about and for Mr Lee. I nearly have the thought of giving up typing this blog entry as I felt that my words are not as well written as those professional writers.

However, I've decided not to give myself an excuse not to express my gratitude towards the man who brought us to where we are today.

I was never interested in nation news. I can't even name more than 10 of our ministers and their positions.
But I know Lee Kuan Yew. Which Singaporean wouldn't?

We have learnt a lot about our founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew in school.
I'm truly grateful that they taught us in school about Singapore's independence and the many wonderful efforts of Mr Lee.
If not, I might never have learnt a thing about this great man by reading and finding them out on my own.

However, it was my own father who first introduced this person, LKY to me.

I remembered the first time I saw Mr Lee on TV, my father said, "Remember this GREAT man, his name is Lee Kuan Yew. He is a very talented man; even if you can never be completely like him, you must use him as your role model and strive to your very best!"

My father only has a Primary 2 education before he came all the way from Penang, Butterworth to work in Singapore when he was 14 years old.
However, he loves to read newspaper, that's how he keep up with the news and learnt a lot of new words from there.

If a born Malaysian like my father who was not very educated knows and is thankful for all that Mr Lee has done for us, shouldn't a lot of true blue Singaporeans at least shows the slightest appreciation?


We have a lot to thank him for; you have read most of them on the Internet or on news.

No amount of words could fully express my gratitude towards him.

If he has not make a minimum 10 years of education compulsory, I would probably not be able to type this entry right now.

Without him, my family and I wouldn't have a roof over our heads now.

Unemployment rates are low and I'm grateful to hold a job that can at least fulfill the basic needs of my family.

With proper law and order, my mum and sisters are kept safe without having to worry coming home late. With women's rights, they enjoyed equality and a fair chance in the work force as well.

The Garden City would have been impossible without his persistence too.

 I love the idea that we have a park in almost every neighborhood!

His efforts are countless and never can we thank him enough for allowing us to enjoy the fruits of his labor.


Today is the day we bid him Goodbye forever.
Even heaven is crying for him.
It poured heavily as the state funeral procession was being carried out.
Many Singaporeans brave the rain and stood there shouting, "Lee Kuan Yew" as his cortege passed by.
The scene is way too touching...

Just like what many have said, 50 years ago, Mr Lee wept for our nation, today, the whole nation weeps for you.

Farewell, Singapore's first Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew.
May you finally be reunited with Mrs Lee and may your soul rest in peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!