Busy but fulfilling!

This was a decision made consciously.
What decision?
To be busy!

Why?
I'm still young (or at least not that old) to work hard or rather harder to achieve what I want.
Sometimes, I wonder why am I even in the office when all my colleagues and friends are out on a Friday night, then my mum's words came to me, "I rather have you working than out playing and spending/wasting money."

Nope, she didn't say those words to me now.
It was when I was only 14years old.
Back then, it was the minimum age to start working part time at McDonald's.
She sort of "forced" me to go work part time at McDonald's after school.
Not a day of rest till a month before my "O" levels.
I was hanging out too much with my friends back then which triggered her to force me into the workforce.
And by working at McDonald's, she can watch over me as well as "torture"/train me.
Thinking back, it was a pretty good experience and many life lessons were learnt.
I met many nice people and difficult customers who taught me many things.

As for now, I would use the exact same sentence to motivate/console myself.
Would I rather be out spending money on unnecessary expenses or play games for hours even when I get home or be here working OT?
This is a responsibility to get things done and not forgetting, I get paid OT to do so.
When I first entered the workforce, a senior once told me, "Work can never be finished; if not, the company don't need you anymore."
Of course, I know that and believe in it too.
However, as much as work is concerned, my family is filled with workaholics!

My dad did extra architectural drawings on his free will when he gets home after work and also on weekends.
My mum always worked extra hours whenever there was a shortage of manpower.
Both my sisters stressed themselves over lessons plans though I think they probably wished they have more time doing their favorite stuff or maybe watch 康熙 like my brother in law who's also a teacher. haha =P

I have my mum "complaining" and asked if I would want to consider changing job.
This is serious, because throughout my whole life, Mum never encourage me to quit anything.
Being a Mummy's boy, it was easy throwing in the towel and quit if I was still 14 or maybe 21.
However, now at 31 going 32 (reminded by my dear friend, zhuyi), it is not a simple decision.
Plus, I love my job. 
I thought after leaving my favorite workplace, SDC, I would never ever find another one I can love.
Career life has been pretty lucky and smooth sailing for me.
Every workplace, every job, there are difficulties and tough times, quitting do not solve the problems (if there's any).
So, this time, I told my mum exactly how I felt, "I maybe busy and need to work OT, but I love my job."

Even so, her "complaints" did not went unanswered and I find ways to make up to her.
Now that I've taken up kickboxing, I come home for dinner every Monday after my lessons.
On weekends, whenever possible, I'll try to stay in and accompany her.

My friends complained about the busy guy too.
I heard you.
As long as you asked, I would try to squeeze out time for you.
I can "adjust" my OT days and hours.
Tell me before hand so I can schedule my days.
That is the reason why my colleagues find most of my weekends "happening".
There is a need to fulfill my responsibility as a son, a brother, a buddy, pal, friend & the list goes on.

I have heard people commenting to me that my schedule is so packed and I'm too busy to date.
Well, a handful of those who commented have a lot of free time, but they are also single, so?
Fate is something we can't force, if the woman is meant to enter my life, she would be no matter how busy I am.
Don't worry!

That is also one of the reasons why I'm working so hard to earn more now.
Just in case, there isn't a meant to be woman for me, at least I can have enough to buy a resale flat when I turn 35 in 3-4 years time.
I believe everyone needs to at least have a roof over their head no matter what.

Last but not least, I get to exercise almost everyday even with a seeming FULL day.
While those who are supposed to have more free time than me never even exercise once every week?
Everyone is given 24 hours a day, it is how you make use of them to lead a fulfilling life.
2nd half of 2014 till now and maybe leading up to 2018, I am probably at my busiest moment, I foresee this part of my life to be the most exciting/happening period of my life! v(^_^)o

Despite my busy schedule, I make time for my family.

You who have a lot of free time on hand and you may be going home every day after work, when was the last time you sat down for dinner with your family?
Or when was the last time you actually talk to your parent/sibling without looking at your pc/laptop/hp?
Lot of free time does not equate to QUALITY TIME. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!