Making of logcakes 2010!

I was AMBITIOUS, thinking how difficult can it be to follow online recipe step by step instructions & make a logcake?

Oh man! It was quite tough as I didn't know what really to expect & afew hiccups happened along the way. -_-"

And when the filling of my 1st logcake failed twice, I nearly give up & threw away the sponge cake. Luckily, I was determined to make a logcake for Sunshine. So. . .


The stressed up baker at work. . .


Can someone tells me how to roll & make it stay?! -_-"
I nearly wana google for "cake glue" & stick my swissroll.

Finally, after the 3rd attempt, I managed to whisk a good filling.

However, I overestimated the amount & it spilled out. . . -_-"
Worry not, for those 1st timer!
Coz at the end of it all, you'll cover these "ugly" spills with the final choco frosting on top.

I cut a slice for Shannon(my 1st available guinea pig) to try.

She purposely took this photo to show that it looks like erm. . .
Yah, a pile of shit. haha *lol*


Final product of my 1st logcake!
And I thought, "See! It's just that easy as expected!"

But. . .


Just within 1/2 an hr, the choco frosting melted!

By 2 hours. . .

This is the state of my logcake! ='(


Poor reindeer fell off afew times!
And poor 1st batch of guinea pigs (KA Gang) have to finish the whole huat kueh taste alike logcake for me!
Thanks my girls! (^^,)

But baker Ivan was determined to make a successful logcake for Sunshine!

So, he attempted a 2nd time!


Ah! Now, at least it looks like a logcake.


This is my 2nd logcake!


The look was not that bad, but it tasted like kueh lapis! -_-"

After first 2 terribly failed attempts, I was SUPER worried about the final product. . .
But, I wanted to bake her a logcake so badly...
And I refused to give up. . .

I changed the recipe of my spongecake!

Tadah! At least, it looks more presentable now. =P


When the sponge cake turns out pretty good, I became abit more ambitious (yes, once more) & adventurous.
I cut out the side & pasted it on the main logcake to make it look "professional" & more logcake like.


Adding the snow. . .


This is it!
I'm quite satisfied with the overall presentation.
Taste wise, have to wait for the verdict after Sunshine tries it.
*prays* hard & keeping my fingers crossed. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!