Number Game 數字遊戲


17/10/21 :-
If it is a number game, would you hang on till the end?
若只是個數字遊戲,你會堅持到最後嗎?

What if I tell you some of the things in life that you wanted are nothing but number games?
If you can see the whole picture, would you be able to emerge as the winner in life?

I often get a lot of light bulb moments when I chant.
This was another night.

This is not a secret or magic.
We merely lack the ability to see the whole picture.
Thus we do not have the determination and gave up before we reach the end.

I think back of my own past.
How many times or things did I give up because I did not hang in till the end?
I gave up simply too easily.
Or maybe, those were not the things I really wanted (that badly)?

We set targets on the things we want.
Halfway through the process, we felt tired, rejected, hopeless.
We could not find the will to carry on.
We tell ourselves, this is not working out.
Let us just give up and go after something else.

If I know, after 99 times:
- of approaching a customer for a sale, they would say YES on the 100th time...
- of playing a song on an instrument, I would perfect it on the 100th time...
- of trying for a challenge, I would achieve it on the 100th time...
- of sharing Nichiren Buddhism with my family, 1 of them would start chanting on the 100th time...
WOULD I HAVE HANG IN THERE AND DO IT FOR 100 TIMES?
YES, I WILL!

You would probably have your own list in life too.
I have to say though, this "theory" does not apply to everything in life; we need to have the wisdom to determine for ourselves whether it is the right time to give up or the right thing to hang on for.

Take my own example, 2 different girls, at different periods of my life, I waited foolishly for 7 years each, it was a complete waste of 14 years of my youth.
Be wise, make your own judgment.

如果我告訴生活中你想要的一些東西不過是數字遊戲呢?
如果你能看到全貌,你能成為人生的贏家嗎?

我常在唱題的時候得到很多啟發的片刻。
今晚又是這麼一個晚上。

這並非秘密或魔法。
只不過我們缺乏看到全貌的能力。
因此我們少了堅持的決心而在抵達終點前就放棄了。

我回想自己的過去.
我放棄過錯少次或事物就因為我沒有堅持到最後?
我太容易就放棄了。
又或許,那些都不是我真的 (迫切) 很想要的?

我們為我們想要的東西設下了目標。
過程進行到一半時,我們感到疲倦、被拒絕、絕望。
我們找不到繼續下去的毅力。
我們告訴自己,這樣行不通。
不如就放棄,去爭取別的吧。

如果我知道,在嘗試 99 次:
- 向顧客推銷後,第 100 次會拿到訂單。。。
- 練習玩樂器後,第 100 次能完美無誤地彈奏。。。
- 的挑戰後,第 100 次能挑戰成功。。。
- 與家人分享日連佛法後,有 1 個人願意開始唱題。。。
我是否就會堅持把事情都做100 次?
是,我一定會!

你人生中也許也有你自己的清單。
不過我必須聲明,這個理論不是適合於人生的所有事物;我們必須有智慧自我判斷是否是時候放棄還是這是件應該堅持的事物。

就拿我本身的例子,2 個不同的女生,我在人生的不同階段傻傻地等了她們各 7 年的時間,完全浪費了我14年的青春。
理智一點,做出自己的判斷。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!