With GREAT power comes GREAT responsibility! 能力越大意味著責任越重!


07/06/2021 :-
With GREAT power comes GREAT responsibility! 
能力越大意味著責任越重!

Every one of us has different roles to play in life.
We are our parents' child, our siblings' siblings, our children's parents, a leader or member in our religion, a student or an ex-student from a certain school, etc.

Since I was young, I am drilled with the idea that people would blame my parents for it whenever I misbehave.
It would make others think that my parents didn't teach me well.

As we grow older, we may gain power, authority or position in the areas we are involved.
How we behave may be due to our own characters, personal feelings or decision based on our own judgement.
Yet, it is inevitable that others who know you as a certain "role", will tend to associate your behavior as that of all those who belong to the same group as you.

"Oh, so this is how XX's child is like?"
"Oh, so this is the kind of student XX school produced?"
"Oh, so this is the way a staff of this XX will do?"
The list is endless.

Yes, as much as I believed we should not be too bothered with how others see us as long as our conscience is cleared.
There are still things we ought to observe because of the roles we hold.

Being the big brother among my siblings and cousins, an incident, when I was young, left a great impact on me.
I brought my younger siblings and cousins out to play and we were crossing the road back to my aunt's home.
Before the green man came on, I lead the whole group in dashing across the road.
Though there was no car, it was a bad move.
Upon reaching home, my youngest cousin told his Mum what happened.
My Mum overheard, because I was the oldest and the one who lead them in doing that, I got reprimanded.
Do I blame my cousin or got angry at him for "sabo-ing" me back then?
To be honest, I was not and instead it dawns on me, how great my influence was on them (my younger siblings and cousins).

I am still not perfect but as much as I can within my ability, I act in a way I should be, to uphold the image I should be having.
To some, they may think, "Then you are not being yourself!"
True and not true, most often than not, the way I should be behaving, is a way I do not reject being, it may just be I am not there yet.
Fake it till you make it! Our brain turns daily actions and behavior into habits. 
The more you do it, it would slowly but surely become who you really are.
Of cos, the bottom line is, do it only if that is really the kind of person you want to be.

Be the leader that u want ur followers to be!
People follow what you do and not what you say.

我們每個人在生活中都扮演不同的角色。
我們是父母的孩子,兄弟姐妹的手足,孩子的父母,宗教的領袖或成員,某個學校的學生或前學生等。

從小,我就被灌輸了這種想法,只要我行為不良,人們就會責怪我的父母。
這會讓別人認為我的父母沒有把我管教好。

隨著年齡的增長,我們可能在涉及的領域裡中獲得權力、權威或地位。
我們的行為可能是由於我們自己的性格、個人感受或基於我們自己的判斷而做出的決定。
然而,無可避免的是,因為其他人視你為某個 “角色” 的人時,會傾向於將你的行為與你屬於同一群體的所有人的行為聯繫起來。

“哦,原來 XX 的孩子就是這個樣子?”
“哦,原來 XX 學校培育出的是這樣的學生?”
“哦,原來這個 XX 的員工是這樣的?”
還有一堆無止境的範例等。

是的,儘管我相信只要我們問心無愧,我們就不應該太在意別人如何看待我們。
當我們所擔任某些角色的時候,我們仍然需要注意一些事情。

作為兄弟姐妹中的大哥,小時候的一件事對我影響很大。
我帶著我的表弟妹出去玩,我們正過馬路返回阿姨家。
交通燈的綠人還沒亮起,我就帶著他們一行人衝過馬路。
雖然當下沒有車,但這是一個錯誤的舉動。
到家後,我最小的表弟告訴他母親事發經過。
我媽媽無意間聽到了,因為我是最年長的,而且是我帶領他們這樣做,所以我受到了譴責。

那時我是否因為我表弟的打小報告而責怪或是生他的氣呢?
老實說,我沒有,相反的,我突然意識到我對他們(我的表弟妹)的影響有多大。

我仍然不完美,但在我的能力範圍內,我會盡可能地以我應該的方式行事,以維護我應該擁有的形象。
對一些人來說,他們可能會想,“那你就不是你自己了!”
其實是也不是,很多情況下,我應該採取的行為方式,是我不拒絕的一種,可能只是我還沒有到那個境界。
假裝直到成真!我們的大腦會將日常舉動和行為轉化為習慣。
你做的越多,它就肯定會慢慢地成為你真正的樣子。
當然,底線是,唯有那是你真的想成為的人才去做。

成為你希望你的追隨者成為的領導者!
人們遵循你所做的,而不是你所說的。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!