Spread your wings and soar high! 展翅高飛!


28/02/2021 - 
Lim Seng Kiew - In order to build a better thing (you), you need to be willing to tear (break) it down and rebuild it (you) again!
林盛僑 - 為了建造更好的東西(你),你需要願意將其拆解並再次重建(你)!

 My dad was "very annoying"!
There were many things he did which annoyed me/us when he was alive.

However, some of the things he did has left strong learning points for me.

One of the things he loved to do was tearing down my toys.

Like most kids, I love Lego and other model building toys.
Of them, my most valued structure was a roller coaster car track I build and had it in my bedroom for the longest time which I played every night before I sleep.

Initially, I build that according to the instructions.
However, because my loving Mum bought me more than 1 set of tracks, I build a gigantic track with my own imagination.
It was long, so that my cars need to take a longer time to reach the end.
(As a kid, I merely want to play longer.)

However, my annoying dad tore down my tracks one day.
You can imagine my trauma when he does that.
That one sentence reasoning he gave did not help in stopping my tears back then but now, I learnt and benefit from it.
He said, "In order to build a better thing (you), you need to be willing to tear (break) it down and rebuild it (you) again!"

Of course, as a kid who took hours to build his initial tracks could not absorb that at all back then.
Did I build a bigger better roller coaster structure thereafter?
I did, but was doing it with anger and sadness, not forgetting the drive to want to be able to play again.

Why am I bringing up this story now?

In 2019, I attended a self-awareness course.
From Basic to Advanced to Leadership programme, I learned to break myself down and rebuild a stronger and better Ivan in the process.

Throughout the whole programme, I have approached many family members and friends, sharing with them what I have learnt and benefit from it.
Looking back, I was pretty aggressive about it.
In the process, I have offended and caused unhappiness to some of them.
If you are the person, have not unfriend me and is still reading till now, I hope you accept my apology.
Causing unhappiness and hurt to anyone was never my intention.

When I approached you, I see the bigger and stronger you at the end of the process.
However, I got anxious and agitated when I watched how you rejected the idea and that I failed to lead you into seeing the end product.
Thus, I pushed you to the limit, trying all means to make you sign up for the programme.

I have a list of family and friends whom I really hope to see them go through the programme.
That is my wish list when I am alive and it would be my dead note should I passed away.
I truly hope I can be able to witness you going through it and be present at your graduation ceremony instead of you going to my grave and telling me you have completed the course.

If you are ready to break yourself down and rebuild a stronger and better you, the next course intake is 3rd Mar to 7th Mar 2021.
Are you willing to take that leap of faith with me?

我父親 “非常煩人”!
當他還活著的時候,他常會做許多使我/我們感到煩人的事情。

但是,他所做的某些事情也為我留下了深刻的學習要點。

他喜歡做的其中一件事是拆掉我的玩具。

像大多數孩子一樣,我喜歡樂高積木和其他模型玩具。
在眾多玩具之中,我最看重的是我建造的過山車軌道,它被放置在我的臥室有好長一段時間,這是我每晚睡覺前會玩的玩具。

最初,我根據說明書來建構它。
但是,由於非常寵愛我的媽媽給我買了超過一套軌道,所以我用自己的想像力建構一個超大型的過山車軌道。
由於軌道很長,所以我的車需要更長的時間才能到達終點。
(小時候,我只想玩更長的時間。)

但是,有一天,我煩人的父親拆毀了我的軌道。
當他那樣做時,你可以想像我當時的創傷。
丟下一句推理完全無法阻止我的淚水,但是現在,我學會了並從中受益。
他說:“為了建造更好的東西(你),你需要願意將其拆解並再次重建(你)!”

當然,作為一個花了數小時才建構其過山車軌道的孩子,那時根本無法吸收這道理。
之後,我是否建構了更大更好的過山車軌道呢?
我做到了,但是卻充滿了憤怒和悲傷,同時不忘那想要再玩的動力。

我為什麼現在會提及這個故事?

在2019年,我參加了一個自我意識課程。
從基礎到晉級再到領導人課程,我學會了拆解自我,並在此過程中重建了一個更加強大的家樂。

在經歷整個課程的途中,我與許多家庭成員和朋友會面,與他們分享了我如何從學到的東西中受益。
回顧過去,我的方式太過侵略性。
在過程中,我得罪了部分的人並讓他們感到不滿。
如果你是其中一位,還沒有與我絕交的朋友,並且至今仍在閱讀此部落格,我希望你接受我的道歉。
造成不愉快和傷害任何人絕不是我的意圖。

當我聯繫你時,我已經預見你通過此課程所能得到的成長。
但是,當我被你拒絕以及我無能為力讓你看到自己的完成品時,我感到焦慮不安。
因此,我將你推到了極限,嘗試以各種方式讓你報名課程。

我有一個很長的列表,裡頭都是我真心希望能夠報名此課程的家人與朋友。
那是我在世時的願望清單,但如果我去世的話,那將變成我的遺忘。
我真的希望我能夠見證你完成此課程並出席你的畢業典禮,而不是你到我的靈位前告訴我你已經完成了這個課程。

如果你準備好拆解並重建更強大的自己,那麼下一個課程的時間是2021年3月3日至3月7日。
你願意與我一起跨出信心這一步嗎?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!