Neglected just like the pinky... 被忽略的小指。。。

18/12/14 :-
We are just like our pinky, appears little but of much value.
我们就像小指头,毫不起眼但价值不菲。

Few weeks ago, I scalded my little pinky finger.
It was really bad; huge blisters popped out just within 2 days.
I've never think much of my little finger until I temporarily "lost" the use of it for that 1 week.

It brought me an enlightenment.
In life, very often, we are very much like our little pinky.
We think nothing much of it (ourselves), feeling like we have no use for anything.

My little finger has to be wrapped up as it has pus flowing from it.
It couldn't come in contact with any object I was holding as it hurts at the slightest touch.
During that 1 week, typing was a chore.
Even though, the little pinky was not used often when I'm typing, when I have to consciously kept it away from the keyboard, things become difficult.

Carrying plastic bags or holding onto files seem heavier than usual without the support of that little pinky.
It was something I've never thought is possible.
Just how much help can a little pinky be?
I was wrong, absolutely wrong.

Like I've mentioned earlier, I had this enlightenment that we are just like our pinky.
We have thought we weren't of any use.
However, we have failed to realize we are somebody's son/daughter, brother/sister, partner, friend, colleague and so on and so forth.
Our existence is of much value and help to them.
Just like their existence is of to us.

Therefore, one should never belittle yourself, the value you hold.
When you are gone, you would bring away a part of somebody's else life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth about "BREAKUPS"!

Chinese New Year 2009!

In a world where you can be anything, BE KIND! 在一個你甚麼都可以成為的世界裡,選擇善良!